Thread: New Archer Question- Mission Bows?

Default New Archer Question- Mission Bows?

Starting to look at bows for backyard shooting, deer in the lower 48, and eventualy black bear,caribou. Im a gun guy who cant spring for the spendy mathews right now, but they make a series of bows called "Mission" anybody have experience with these? They sell them at the new archery store in Wasilla.

Default Mission bows

I don't have experience with the Mission bows, but I read a lot about them before I bought the bow I have, and I didn't read or hear anything but good things about them. I was leaning pretty hard towards one of them, but ended up going with a bow from Diamond.
    You don't have to spend the money for one of the top end bows to have a good shooting, reliable bow. There are many companies that make decent priced, entry to mid level bows. A few to look at are Mission, Diamond, and Martin. There are other brands, those are just the ones that come to mind.

All the romance of trout fishing exists in the mind of the angler and is in no way shared by the fish.

I have a friend who bought a Mission Eliminator from Bill at Back Country Archery about 2 months ago. He really likes it. I've shot his Eliminator and it's a great bow. Accurate and easy to shoot well. I can't think of any negatives. Personally I liked shooting it more than the Reason, Monster and DXT. Just something about it. If I ever decided to switch from PSE I'd have to give this bow a close look. Come into town and see Bill. It will be worth the drive.
    The guy has a gift in making a bow shoot and he's more than willing to give you a few shooting tips. Great guy to deal with.
    In a nutshell I would not hesitate to buy a Mission Eliminator.

Default Mission Bow

I have been shooting the Mission X-3 since the came out a few years back . Shoots real good and for about half as much as a fully loaded Mathews you cant beat that!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Thumbs up

I bought the misson menace a few weeks ago for the kids. it is a really sound little bow. I just shot my first mathews at the range last week. they are nice. but $$ for $$ i will stick to my Martins...........
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Anchorage Alaska

Default they are nice

They are good little shooters. My wife's bow broke at the bear shoot - so she finished day 1 with Wild Bill's bow - then the 2nd day with my uncle's wife's Mission. Then my sight broke off - and I then finished the 2nd day with the Mission. It really is a great shooter...quiet, light, very effective. It was nice shooting 43 pounds instead of 70 - shoulder didn't hardly hurt at all!

Bill can set you up with one of the packages for about 6 bills - so that is very reasonable compared to double that you would spend on setting up a reazon.

Default mission bows

i bought one for my wife from bill at backcountry because it could go from 17 lbs to 50 it came with sights quivers and all set up i think it was like 450 a couple month ago i cant remember the name but it shooots really nice and i was impressed iwth how light weight it is