Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 14A Black Bear Baiting

Default 14A Black Bear Baiting

Just kinda looking for a bear report around the Chickaloon / Sutton area. My bait has been out for two weeks now and nothing but moose and squirrels have hit it. I wandered around on some of the trails in the area and have not even found a bear track.

We also have a stand in 14A and we have yet to have a hit either.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Thanks for the update. I had to come back to the Slope, so I baited really heavy just before I left. Hopefully there will still be some bait when I return. There was still about a foot of snow in that area on the 29th.

I just sealed a black bear today in Palmer from 16b they said it was their first. I also saw a sow and 3 cubs the other day so they are coming out pretty good now and should be hiting baits soon.

Well the weekend is over there have got to be some bear reports out there. Baitem907 said in another thread that a guy pulled a blackie out last night. Are there anymore reports than just that one? Baits being hit? Sightings? Anything bear related? I am at work and have to hunt vicariously through others, until next week anyhow.

Still a bit early, despite the warm weather. Here in another week or so they will begin to rut and that will get them moving.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Default 14A

I saw 2 small black bears way up high above the treeline east of friday creek.. (between friday and wolf point) sat evening.. Saw 1 set of Grizz tracks from maybe a 6-7 foot bear that were 2 days old.. the blackies were pretty small.. probably 5 footers, (too small).. Nothing on the bait yet.

Default nadda

I have a bait station out Sutton / Chickaloon area and nothing but moose pics on the trail cam.
    I was checking Sunday night when a Trooper pulled up to the stand as I was leaving. He had been out checking stations all weekend and said he has not seen any sign or heard of much activity in the area either.

My dad checked my stand for me last night, still nothing. Thats allright I'll be home in a week, they should be poking around by then. Thanks for the update.

No hits here either but that should change here very soon.

Default tonight

I am going to check mine tonight in hopes that something found it.. I would think with the rain we got last night it may have freshened the gel ball and scent ball.. We'll see I guess

No hits yet either.

No nothing here either.

Thumbs up

Got a hit either last night or today sometime.

Default nothing yet

Checked my bait last night around the friday creek area.. Nothing yet. added some more food and scent..Saw fresh bear tracks 150 yards up the hill on a trail. Going to dig for clams this weekend so Iwill check on Monday..

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytguy View Post
    Checked my bait last night around the friday creek area.. Nothing yet. added some more food and scent..Saw fresh bear tracks 150 yards up the hill on a trail. Going to dig for clams this weekend so Iwill check on Monday..

Hoyt? i see this a lot. my own experiance is that if not hit. no food needed. but why do so many guys say added more food? with out a hit."?that stuff is expensive at times and lots of work to get. i can't see putting to much out to waist.

Just asking
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

No hits in 16A yet ethier incase ny one runs up that way. 30pics of a mink though

Your going in emtpy why not take a little more bait if you got it, my baits are close to a mile away by foot after a good 45 min 4 wheeler ride,id'd kick myself if i didn't bring a good pack load...

Default Bear stand tonight

Well Dad is sitting in my stand tonight, guess we will see how he does. I'll update tomorrow

Default Vince

Same here.. I have a 15 minute drive by truck, then a 30 minute drive about 15 miles in by atv, then about a 20 minute hike on foot.. I dont bring alot.. just enough that if it is hit.. I will add it and sit on it with my daughter who I have been trying to get a bear.. Saw 2 Brownies on the KP, but no tag so we just watched em. didnt see any blackies on the way to Nenilchec or back.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast