Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: North Pole boaters anyone?

Default North Pole boaters anyone?

Just put my boat in at the Nordale boat ramp. All I did was let er run for a spell. People kept coming by to see If I was actually launching hahahaha! Anyone one else going to put in in the river this weekend?

If anyone wants to lets get a Boat Launching get-together and burn the old winter fuel out If ya'l want.I'd like to put in at Wainwright and run up river if anyone else that ahs a boat and wants to meet up. Daniel

How do you get permission to put in at Wainwright, or maybe you're military?

Default I'm up for a run

I'd love to join you Dan. It would be me and my daughter somtime after 1 PM. I'm also wondering how to get permission and find the Wainwright ramp?

AkRascal & f0zzy2, all you have to do is go to the main gate and show proof of insurance and registration. Once you have these in hand when you actually go in the main gate stay in the far left lane and take an immidiate left at Outdoor Rec. Its the 1s building on your left as you come in. You cant miss all the Campers and Boats etc... head straight till you see the last entrance to the parking lot of that building and the ramp is down the hill.

If you all want to shoot for after 1pm like f0zzy2 wants Im cool with that, and If ya'll want to meet here at my place and head that way together or we can meet somewhere else? Im pretty easy going.Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by AkRascal View Post
    How do you get permission to put in at Wainwright, or maybe you're military?
    BTW! Im not Military, actually my wife is

Default I am in

Early afternoon works good for me. Post a meetup time. I already have a fww pass.

I looked at the chena lakes access yesterday it loked doable as well.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

www.arcticconcealment.com

Default 1:30 At the FTWW boat launch

Sounds good how about 1:30 At the FTWW boat launch..I'll be in a black rig black boat.

Default 1:30 works for me.

I'll be in a Blue 4 door Chevy Duramax Diesel haul'n a Phantom SportJon.

No can do but you guys have a good run and report back please. The XS is still all wrapped up, guess I'd best get busy.

You need an extra hand to cut away that bubble wrap? lol! Sorry you cant make it bud.

Default to much ice

So much for the chena, It'll take a few days for the ice to flush out now that the tri pod went out.

Default Really ?

Quote Originally Posted by f0zzy2 View Post
    So much for the chena, It'll take a few days for the ice to flush out now that the tri pod went out.
    We went for a ride. There was some ice floating down but it was still fun to run the boat.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Thanks for the report guys, guess the wrap can stay on a few more days.

I was at the Ftww launch and there was Ice from bank to bank I thought about going down stream, didn't look as bad by university bridge but i'm sure it would have been there in a few hours.

Default I am going to give it a try

At the chena lakes river acess. I think most the ice is comeing from below there. I will post a report. I will be there around 6pm.

Default The good and the bad...

Good news is the boat ran like a champ, bad news is ........hmmm! lets see, I got there late, dog fell out of the boat (doesnt have her boat paws yet) sucked up some popcorn ice and lost all forward movement right at the Ft. WW boat launch site (thank god) Broke my windshield on that tree, then bent my tail lite on one side and busted both tail lites pushing the flow out to the current and Wolfkiller had to get in the water for me, then I see my step son step backwards off the boat and Ka-sploosh!

Over all it was a blast and Wolfkiller is first class. Thanks for all the help bud. I tried not to let my knee hold me up and I do appreciate the help. Next time the river is open and CLEAN we'll get your boat out there again so you can wake boat it off me again Beautiful day it was indeed. See ya'll on the river.

Default Put in at chena lakes river acess

They closed the debris gated on the dam so the river was pretty clear. I ran most of the way down to nordale ramp and back.

Dang! I'll have to make that run one of these days. never been there in the 6 years Ive been here this time.

Were any of you guys running the airboat out of Nordale Launch Sunday about 3pm or so?
    I was out there debating whether to launch my Predator or not...the guy in the airboat run about 100 yds up river, & came back with his tail pipes on fire....literally. I saw 2 other trailers there...was wondering how the run was; the river was still high with a fair amount of ice and logs so I opted out.

Ran down from Nordale today for the first run of the year. River was high and not as much of debris that I was expecting. Made it almost down to town before I blew an exhaust gasket and started pumping the boat full of water Ran the bilge and went quickly back to the trailer! Got to figure out out how I blew it. I only have 49 hours on it! Glad I found it on the chena!
    "One Last Cast"

hello guys, im from fairbanks, and couldnt resist replying to this thread. ive been interested in getting my first power boat for 5 years now ( bought a 12' w/5hp honda 5years ago) and have wanted to go bigger since. if things work out, i should be the owner of a 19' jetboat in the next few weeks. would love to some day meet up with some of you and learn the ropes.
    ty

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast