Thread: Fishing anywhere this weekend?

Default Fishing anywhere this weekend?

Family and I are planning on going out camping this sat/sun and are having a hard time deciding where to go.

I am looking for somone that can point us in any direction within 3 hours of anchorage where we can catch a few fish. Not looking for anything huge or secret spots, but would be very thankful for somone that might be able to give the name of a body of water that has some fishable conditions.

We have access to our 16' deep v boat, and are willing to catch anything from trout and pike to halibut.
    Having something for entertainment is key, would be completely happy catching nothing but 6-12 inch rainbows all day.

Thanks and have a nice weekend,

By the way, family is leaning towards stormy lake thinking that there is a great number of catchable pike there, but from searching around the forums all i can find on here is reports of little to no success, seems most people say ADFG reports of lots of fish are actually misleading- Can anyone confirm this?

Kenai, AK

Default Lake Ice

I didn't have any luck out there a couple of times this summer, and a friend didn't this winter either. As of right now I know it has been pretty nice down there, but not enough to get Ice off of the lakes, so I wouldn't want to get onto the lake ice, and it's not open enough yet to fish I bet. Hopefully somebody will be able to give you an update on the ice conditions. If you go to the peninsula Johnson lake would be a better bet but it would be little rainbows. But again the ice is probably rotten and it's not open enough.

Peters Creek, Alaska, United States, United States

id be looking at going to deep creek if i were you. weather looks good in anchorage anyway so might be a nice one there too. think the tractor launches opened today?

the 907

I wouldn't bank on catching many pike out of Stormy. They are in there but I think you'd be wasting your time.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.