Thread: kodiak trip

Default kodiak trip

will be on kodiak 6/9-12/09 havent booked anything yet ,will want to do some salt and fresh water fishing on my own and with charter.any suggestions, tips, refrences would be appreciated also b/b lodging will be traveling with wife.have been doing some home work any input on bayview/river inn's operation looks good on their site. subscribe to fish alaska mag. and frequent visitor to alaska first time to kodiak.thanks

Default Utimate Island Adventures

Devil, I am sure there are many good guides in Kodiak. I had the pleasure of fishing with Shawn last year and booked again this year, very nice guy and will put you on the fish. I live in Putnam Co. I'll pm you if you want somr info. Jeff

if you are near the afognak river stop by the wier and say hi
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Default Good choice...

I was also a frequent visitor to mainland Alaska and then discovered Kodiak.

You are in for an exciting change.

This community has all the ammenities that you found previously, but without the crowds.

The fishery can be absolutely stellar if you plan it correctly...

Rosenberg/Florida
    "Two decades researching and defining fishing opportunities in the Last Frontier!"

Early to mid june has a few opportunities for fresh water. The Kings will be returning to Manoshka Creek, the reds will be running in the Buskin, and you can catch dollies in the outlets of the rivers or anywhere on the Buskin.
    As for a b/b, look to the beaver creek lodge. Great place and Ron has lot of knowledge of the area and can be quite entertaining.
    Good luck.

I went at the end of july into august 2 years ago and had a blast. We booked our saltwater trips through Kodiak Island Charters. Capt. Chris is the man and we caught as many fish as our arms could handle both days,,,salmon kings, silvers and pinks,,,,tons of halibut and rockfish galore. The thing I really liked about fishing with Chris is his boat is much bigger than most of the guides around kodiak and if the water gets choppy it's a lot easier to handle.

We stayed at the kodiak island winery cottages and loved it. It's about 45 minutes outside of town which I loved, but it's a bit secluded. The good thing is you have many streams to yourself out there, the bad thing you're 45 mintues from town. Depends on what you're looking for.

I see you're from sulivan co. I live in dutchess and fish sulivan all the time,,,the beaverkill, willowemoc, east and west branch and I have 3 boats on pepacton. I almost purchased a summer home in east branch a couple months ago, but the economy scared me off. I love the catskills.

Default Kodiak trip

Thanks all for the feed back ,aj shoot me that pm,powder not sure if im gonna make it but ill make it my bus to say hey if i do.nba do you have a web site for the cottages,im pumped ,for you local guys the shad are in the delaware AND THEIRS GOOD NUMBERS,its a good warm up for me a tight line is a tight line no matter the water.thanks again will post a trip report when we get back.