Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dollies out in Juneau

Default Dollies out in Juneau

Got these 2 out at Echo tonight. Caught two smaller ones too in the 14 inch range. The 20 incher gave me a pretty good fight. Took forever to find something they would strike consistently. After a dozen rubber minnows, smolt pattern flys, and little spoons it finally came down to a simple #3 mepps. They were all over it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thumbs up

nice fish wish I had time to fish today, had to pack up and move though
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Default twin lakes

AKPM - I took my girls down to twin lakes the other day(ages 3 and 5). I hooked em they landed em. Caught a ton of little landlocked kings and also my 5 yr old landed a 9 inch cutt. 2 yrs ago I caught a 14 inch cutt and a 14" rainbow(didn't they had bows in there). Caught em back to back right at the playground. Whats the biggest fish you have heard of coming out of those lakes?

biggest I've caught was 12" they moved some cutts from florence lake a few years back and stocked some steelhead smolt 9 years ago, I think they spawn in the little creek that flows into it on the western auto side and between the lakes where there is current.

I was noticing some biggish fish rising in the middle this spring, also I hooked something that was taking line my first day out, never saw it though

Quote Originally Posted by ak_powder_monkey View Post
    ...also I hooked something that was taking line my first day out, never saw it though
    Nessie?

-Case
    M/V CanCan - 34' SeaWolf - Bandon, OR
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think it should be called twinny

Default got 5 more today

This was my largest of 5 today. All were 15 inches and above though. Got em on gummy minnows also #2, and #1 mepps. Wouldn't touch the larger #3 this time. Lost at least as many I caught.
    Had an absolute monster follow it in twice as if to tease me. I think he was even bigger than Twinny.

I got one out at Echo this weekend. Snagged the hell out of it, but it still counts!

Caught some nice ones out there the other day...Forgot the camera in the truck...

Caught 2 14" yesterday at Echo Cove.

Looks like DIPAC released some fry yesterday...The channel should heat up shortly!
    Nice Marmot.

Good to know!

Had a pretty good day on the channel on Sat. Caught around 15-20 dollies. Best part was catching the biggest my dolly varden ever!

THe pic dosen't do it much justice, but it was right at 23 inches and weighed just shy on 4 lbs dressed. the smaller one was 16 inches. Both fish's stomachs were packed with 5 inch capelin...not a fry in either. Must have been at least a half a pound worth in the big one alone. I've caught dollies as long, but not nearly as thick.

Even better on the BBQ
    Nice Marmot.

Nice fish!

Default nice one

Thats sure a fatty! My 3 yr daughter old caught an 18 incher this afternoon and my 5 yr old caught a 17inch. I hook em they reel.
    Sounds like the channel is much more productive than out the road.

Default Nice fish

I picked up a few at Echo on Sunday. It was a little slow, mostly i was just casting while we waited for the crab rings to soak. One of them was the skinniest dolly I've ever seen. It must have been about 18 inches but it was probably only an inch from top to bottom. Really weird lookin fish.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBoater View Post
    I picked up a few at Echo on Sunday. It was a little slow, mostly i was just casting while we waited for the crab rings to soak. One of them was the skinniest dolly I've ever seen. It must have been about 18 inches but it was probably only an inch from top to bottom. Really weird lookin fish.
    How was the crabbing? I've been doing good at eagle beach, but an excursion to echo sounds pretty fun.
    Nice Marmot.

Default A little slow

Crabbin at echo was a little slow. It seemed like every crab was 6 1/4 inches. They looked like they were getting ready to molt soon so in a couple weeks there should be plenty of legal crab. We ended up with enough to be happy but it didn't produce nearly like I hoped.

I've been catching a lot of 6 1/4" crabs and a good number of softies as well.

Have you tried around Sawmill Cr.? Lotsa crab out there. I'd think there should be some dollies roaming around too.
    Nice Marmot.

Default Too breezy

It was a little windy out in Berner's on sunday, didn't feel like dealing with it. We were out in a friends boat so we tried the places he usually sets his rings.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast