Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Kepler Bradley ice free yet?

Default Is Kepler Bradley ice free yet?

Someone surely drives by there on occasion... How does it look?
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Default mostly still covered

A friend of mine and I have checked out approximately 20 valley lakes including KB the past two days. None are fishable yet, but surely they will be soon.

lame, gotta figure out a plan b I guess

Edges are clear around the bridge.

I fished Jewel lake here in anchortown last night. Good fishing for little stockers!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ak_powder_monkey View Post
    lame, gotta figure out a plan b I guess
    Patrick, was that you sitting behind me in First Class last night? Dude, you need to get a hair cut!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NickofTime View Post
    Patrick, was that you sitting behind me in First Class last night? Dude, you need to get a hair cut!!!
    yup and yup I'm getting a mullet

yup and yup I'm getting a mullet
    Yes, I must say that you were dressed quite dapper for such 'upper class' flying too, I might add!

Default Keepler Bradley Ice free

Yes it is getting there I would say by tuesday it should be mostly gone it is fishable know, there were two fish taken out of there today that i know of.

Someone surely drives by there on occasion... How does it look?

Default Today

Kepler-Bradley still isn't ready, but a couple of the others very close by are fishable. I'll post some pics later tonight or tomorrow.

Water temperature in the two lakes I fished was 43 degrees at 9:00 a.m., but by 2 pm it had climed to 49, though there was still considerable slush ice on parts of the lakes.

Slow fishing. 3 rainbows and a char.

Far as I know, F&G hasn't done any spring stocking yet.

caught half a dozen rainbows at long lake through a 2 foot hole in the ice today

Default Ice free now

Went there Sunday the 3rd, when we launched at 200 yards out there was a 60-80 foot wide bit thin ice which we were able to crunch through on a portabote, by 2PM all the ice was gone!

After we chopped a path the wind picked up a bit and the whole raft came apart and melted, only a little bit around the edges left.

The small lake (Bradley?) was still about half frozen over.

We got a couple of nibbles, but didnt catch a dang thing, except sunburns

The guy at the shack said he heard FG will be stocking it May 12th.

[QUOTE=Maast;489720]Went there Sunday the 3rd, when we launched at 200 yards out there was a 60-80 foot wide bit thin ice which we were able to crunch through on a portabote, by 2PM all the ice was gone!

Are you talking about Long Lake in the Bradley-Kepler lakes complex? If so how did you do there? Usually pretty good right at ice out. Could you see and "cruisers" around the edges and drop offs?

I believe Maast was at Kepler/Bradley on Sunday at least that is the same words used by two guys in a folda-boat that went by.

Maast, my wife and I were the ones cooking hotdogs on the fire pit across from the shack with the inflatable kayak.

I went this morning to the north lake (Bradley or Kepler?) brought 7 to hand and lost 3. Was a good day and the second trip on my single cat.

My but is too big for the both the wife and I in the kayak so I will sell it for what I got in it $150 with paddles.

George

packed the canoe down the stairway to long lake today with a friend, fished for 5 hours and slayed em! didnt even have time to drink a beer or hardly even have a smoke...biggest estimated at 20" but missed and lost a dozen that were better...too bad its catch and release, but its still tons o fun! using small spinners with barbless single hooks......they sure are fun on an ultralight spin rod...we had to force the canoe thru some thick ice at the launch but it was worth it....

Howdy George!

Yup, that was me at the back of the folda-bote, my fishing buddy also named George was at the front. Too bad about the inflatable, I've never been much of a fan of blow-up boats.

We're both the worlds worst trout fishermen, we pretty much have no idea what we're doing - we spend most of the season on the salt. We saw a bunch of fish - but didnt bring any in.

Looking at google maps I guess we were on Echo Lake after all, huh, I always thought it was called Kepler Lake....

Still a great day

Maast,
    Echo lake is across the road from the lake I saw you on.

I got to find a way to get my cat-a-raft down and back up the hill at Echo Lake.

Will try Memory this week I think.

George

The ice is mostly gone
    "A dog has no use for fancy cars or big homes or designer clothes. Status symbol means nothing to him. A waterlogged stick will do just fine." Marley and Me

Quote Originally Posted by Maast View Post
    Howdy George!
    Looking at google maps I guess we were on Echo Lake after all, huh, I always thought it was called Kepler Lake....
    Google Maps has Kepler and Echo lakes backwards. As you're heading toward Palmer, Echo is on your right (there is a pull-out right on the highway that you park at, and climb down a steep enbankment).

Quote Originally Posted by George Riddle View Post
    Maast,
    I got to find a way to get my cat-a-raft down and back up the hill at Echo Lake.
    Isn't there a road that goes around the back side of the lake? I've never driven back there, but you can see it from the highway side shoreline, after you fall, scamper, or climb down the hill. ??

Quote Originally Posted by jrowland View Post

Isn't there a road that goes around the back side of the lake? I've never driven back there, but you can see it from the highway side shoreline, after you fall, scamper, or climb down the hill. ??

I'm pretty sure that road is private. It may be owned by the Alaska railroad?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast