Thread: On the go camcorder??

Default On the go camcorder??

Well I bit the bullet and bought a new video camera.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc....html#features

Its waterproof to 5 feet, light (only 8.5 ounces), takes 8 MP pics, 5X optical zoom and pretty small and compact. I figure it will be perfect for backpacking and packrafting.

I realize the video quality will not be superb, but I imagine it will get ALOT more use being compact and in my coat vest pocket rather than in the pack in a waterproof case.

I also purchased 2 extra battiers at $21 apiece as well as a 32 GB flash card. Looking forward to trying this little guy out.

Anyone else have one?? Thoughts on this camera??

post up some test footage...I'd love to see how that little guy performs...
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Will do!! I'll keep ya posted!! Maybe I can try it filming from the bow of your boat, that we when you hit a sandbar and I bail in to the river we can see how REALLY waterproof it its.

funny you werent that keen on climbing into the bow of my boat in the skinny stuff! You implying something about my driving there?

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    that we when you hit a sandbar and I bail in to the river we can see how REALLY waterproof it its.
    lol....200 hours on that boat and I can only remember coming to a quick stop 2 times....and that was on the same day...lol.......I'll find a way to blame it on Grem somehow....but if you'd like to test a quick eject from my boat I'm sure we can work something out....we just neet to make sure we have a cam on shore too, filming you filming with your new cam.....
    pull my finger....

Default 'Face Detection', eh??

Will do!! I'll keep ya posted!! Maybe I can try it filming from the bow of your boat, that we when you hit a sandbar and I bail in to the river we can see how REALLY waterproof it its.
    And also let us know about that 'face detection' feature... from 5 ft under!

8Mp CMOS Sensor
    Digital Stabilizer
    5x Optical Zoom
    Waterproof up to 5' for 30 Minutes
    Face Detection
    Super-Fast Start-Up
    2.5" LCD Display
    up to 32GB SD/SDHC Memory Card Slot

OK, OK, I know my 'sense of humor' is a bit off center from hanging in the 'body biz'. . . but - still!

Seriously (did I say that?) - I am interested in hearing your 'pro's and con's'...
    I may be in the market for one again, soon (thanks to alaskachuck!)

A n d . . . please do not 'shoot and drive!' (An expensive mis-adventure ensues)...

Enjoy!
    Doc

Quote Originally Posted by RSKY BIZ View Post
    please do not 'shoot and drive!' (An expensive mis-adventure ensues)...
    why not...just duct tape that bad boy to the side of your face and get with it...

Quote Originally Posted by RSKY BIZ View Post
    Seriously (did I say that?) - I am interested in hearing your 'pro's and con's'...
    me too...I'll be at knik tomorrow afternoon if you want to take a swim..
    pull my finger....

HAHA, thanks for the offer to go in the drink, but I'm thinking I'd rather not actually take a trip in the drink. However, I have never been to the Knik glacier so if in the bow of your boat is a good way to get there I am game. Just gotta wait for that little camera to get here in the mail.

HAHA, thanks for the offer to go in the drink, but I'm thinking I'd rather not actually take a trip in the drink. However, I have never been to the Knik glacier so if in the bow of your boat is a good way to get there I am game. Just gotta wait for that little camera to get here in the mail.
    While you wait for your camera (congrats by the way) you can see the footage next week of me crapping my pants with tjm. I will be on the bow of his boat this weekend camera in one hand and rosary beads in the other.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDSLDOG View Post
    While you wait for your camera (congrats by the way) you can see the footage next week of me crapping my pants with tjm. I will be on the bow of his boat this weekend camera in one hand and rosary beads in the other.
    Right on, I look forward to seeing the footage of the river, then the sky, then water and TJM hits the ejecto button where you are sitting.

Right on, I look forward to seeing the footage of the river, then the sky, then water and TJM hits the ejecto button where you are sitting.
    there's always room for one more....3pm or so tomorrow if you want to join us...Glenn Hwy bridge...
    pull my finger....

I'll find a way to blame it on Grem somehow

The details are still kinda fuzzy, but if I remember right it was your fault when I came to a sudden stop on the Jim Creek flats in the ol' jon boat.

I'll be out at Knik tomorrow too. See you guys there. Lanche, you can ride the front bow of my boat if that'd make you feel better. lol

Hey, now THAT would make for some cool video! TJM MAKE IT SO! I NEED A EJECTION SEAT!

Actually dang near had that in Grem's boat sunday sitting up top and bouncing off ice slab's was fun.

Default Why Not. . .

Quote Originally Posted by tjm View Post
    why not...just duct tape that bad boy to the side of your face and get with it...
    Why not? Well, I had a bit of a 'mis-adventure' in a cross country 'sports car adventure', you might say.... playing photographer.

The annual event is coming up again in a month - might just try the duct tape thingy...
    but to my face? NOT!

Quote Originally Posted by tjm View Post
    me too...I'll be at knik tomorrow afternoon if you want to take a swim..
    Missed the opportunity... but I hope to be back end of June to celebrate some birthdays... I'll take a rain, errr, a 'sun check!'

Doc