Thread: F.M.C Bullets

Default F.M.C Bullets

Winchester Super X 300 gr. F.M.C. 375HH Mag
    Winchester super X 300 gr silvertip 375 HH Mag

I bought these bullets from another forum member. I bought them for my new gun. I figured if there no good to hunt with I would just use them for target practice and save the brass for reloading.

I know it is older Winchester ammo, and I have shot a few moose with Winchester 220 gr silvertips before, so I know they are OK to hunt with.

My question is are the full metal case any good. I think they are used for African big game. Would a guy use them for moose or bear?

Thanks

Question Nobody?

Quote Originally Posted by northriver21 View Post
    My question is are the full metal case any good. I think they are used for African big game. Would a guy use them for moose or bear?
    Thanks
    Can anyone answer this for me please?

Winchester Super X 300 gr. F.M.C. 375HH Mag
    Winchester super X 300 gr silvertip 375 HH Mag

I bought these bullets from another forum member. I bought them for my new gun. I figured if there no good to hunt with I would just use them for target practice and save the brass for reloading.

I know it is older Winchester ammo, and I have shot a few moose with Winchester 220 gr silvertips before, so I know they are OK to hunt with.

Thanks

I will trade you FEDERAL .375 H&H "PREMIUM Safari" ammo for your factory FMC .375 H&H. Or other ammo, but don't waste the FMC ammo plinking. I have about 400 rounds of NEW Factory .375 H&H available for sale or trade.

Default FMC

There were different manufacturers of FMC bullets for Western/Winchester some of the bullets were of exceptional quality (giving high penetration) while others performed like a modern premium expanding round. These were the observations of hunters that used them in Africa on extreme large game.
    As for use in Alaska they'll do fine if you desire to use a FMC as a back up on heavy animals; regardless of which bullet you have.
    The ones that tended to expand were said to have a round nosed flat point appearence.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Default FMC

Here's a link to the Winchester ammo mentioned.

http://www.cybertorpedo.com/africanh..._magnum_03.htm
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

brav01,

Thanks for the reply. I am new to the 375 H&H, so I'm trying to gather as much info as I can.

Thanks

Default YEP

brav01,

Thanks for the reply. I am new to the 375 H&H, so I'm trying to gather as much info as I can.

Thanks
    375 is a great well balanced caliber; Regardless of which origin it is.