Thread: Two AF pilot want to fish this weekend

Default Two AF pilot want to fish this weekend

My daughter is in the Air Force, stationed in Texas. These two are friends of hers, up here for temporary project, returning on Monday 5/4/09. If anyone has room to take them out this weekend it would be highlight of their trip to AK. I would take them, but boat is not ready. I can be reached at work today (4/30/09) at 269-4240 or at home 337-8795. Cel after work is 317-4691 Thanks, Ken
    NRA Lifetime Member

Default Charter

Have them charter a trip. If they are pilots, then they are officers, so they can afford it.

Try contacting Miller's Landing in Seward. If there a fish in the bay they will know where to go. They have boats, gear & cabins

Quote Originally Posted by 4whlr View Post
    Have them charter a trip. If they are pilots, then they are officers, so they can afford it.

?????????????

Quote Originally Posted by JimJimmers View Post
    ?????????????
    Yeah, totally. I thought the point in doing these kinds of things was showing support for our armed forces, not just a particular part or segment of our armed forces.

I am former enlisted, long ago, but see no reason do disrespect a member of the armed forces just because they are officers

It was not that bad... I am former enlisted and my bro is Maj in Marines... It is not like he cussed em.

Quote Originally Posted by akpolaris View Post
    I am former enlisted, long ago, but see no reason do disrespect a member of the armed forces just because they are officers
    I don't think respect has anything to do with it. An officer "should" always allow an enlisted to take advantage of something like this before they do (officers do make significantly more money). This isn't necessarily the case here, just making a point. If I was an officer I wouldn't be posting on a forum looking for a free ride; nor would I utilize the free charter program (kudos to those folks putting that on!) potentially taking a spot away from an enlisted member.

Guys, I think you're reading way too much into the first response. I think he meant that if they can't find a ride, then buying a charter is an option. The officer comment he made was just to point out that charters aren't prohibitively expensive, particularly for someone who makes a decent paycheck. He didn't explicitly say that they don't deserve a free ride - he was laying out an option so that these guys can go fishing.

How about we ask clarifying questions before we jump on fellow forum members?

There is always going to be some hostilities here guys. officers are paid a lot more for one. Two when i was on float in the Marines the officers ate in a defferent mess and ate well while we ate regular old chow. Some officers are true idiots and others think there are gods. I had a captain in the corps that was a grade A ***** and did not care about his Marines under him. He did not last long. We lived in crappy housing and they had nice houses. So i understand his comment. They make all the money so pay for it! Most AF pilots i met were the high and mighty type. Marine pilots were pretty cool as they went through much of the same training we did. Remember EVERY Marine is a rifleman. Thats is whey there are NO MEDICS or CHAPLAINS in the Marines. I would have worded it a bit different however

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Guys, I think you're reading way too much into the first response. I think he meant that if they can't find a ride, then buying a charter is an option. The officer comment he made was just to point out that charters aren't prohibitively expensive, particularly for someone who makes a decent paycheck. He didn't explicitly say that they don't deserve a free ride - he was laying out an option so that these guys can go fishing.

How about we ask clarifying questions before we jump on fellow forum members?
    Brian, I think your interpretation of the first response is very generous. The first response was pretty clear in that officers should charter because they make more money.

"Have them charter a trip...They can afford it."

At the end of the day, if you really want to do something, you should probably save your money so you're able to do so, enlisted & officer alike.

Default Ya think thed go?

By now those poor fellows are way too humilated to accept any gratituity! Especially if they knew how many people are chimming in with "their" opinion of how it should be.

The real test when "doing something nice for someone" is if you can look beyond the fact that your intended "victim" may not be a perfect as yourself!

If something changes in their return date or possibly they may be returning, P.M me, I'll pick em up, take em out and show them a great time. That's called leading by example! I'd love to be going now but wont be off the slope till the 12th.

Oh yea, for all you vet's out there, you should know It took me 4 1/2 years to do 3 and I was an E-1 when Honerably discharged. Don't even think of asking for the particulars.
    If anyone could, should, might harbour anamosity, buddy I'm your man!
    That was then, this is now, is the road open yet? I may even try to take the flag lady fishing!
    Mike

Default Wow

Who cares whether they are enlisted or officers to be honest? They are in town for an exericse or some form of a training mission from the sounds of it and he was trying to get them out on the water to further the experience they are having here. They are friends of his daughters, so he is just trying to see if anyone was willing to help. FOR CRUISER:I am enlisted and i have afforded charters enough to where i bought my own boat, so that i didn't have to pay for them anymore. bottom line being an enlisted member or officer doesn't afford you anymore privi's and in fact military are paid pretty **** good for what we do! Fishngrin if i wasn't stuck at the house with a pregnant wife i would hook them up, but life is fun that way..lol..

Quote Originally Posted by MDwhatley View Post
    FOR CRUISER:I am enlisted ...
    Thanks for serving.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Thanks for serving.
    My thanks as well! We all should sleep better at night because of those who serve... Thank you and God Bless...