Thread: My gf outfished me 2 nights in a row

Default My gf outfished me 2 nights in a row

Well the first night didn't really count because it was for stocked baby salmon in twin lakes but tonight no sooner had I shown her where to cast and she's hooked up on her first cutthroat ever landing one of the larger cutts I've seen from this particular lake most run 8-10 inches with a few in the 12 inch+ range

Even though they are little they are some of the prettiest trout I've ever seen

She proceded to catch another one as light was almost gone

I managed one, the fishing is picking up just in time for me to leave Juneau and go off on another adventure, good to see some fat healthy fish instead of the snakes I've been catching lately
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

How'd ya cook 'em?
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Kenai pen, in summer. Matsu vally in winter

Powder
    Isnt there good stealhead fishing in the Juneau area I have a frend thats down that way somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by matsuthunder View Post
    Powder
    Isnt there good stealhead fishing in the Juneau area I have a frend thats down that way somewhere.
    Yes but its kinda a small fishery, I've yet to see one. Boats and planes definately are helpful in finding fish

Default Akpm

Get used to the fact that girls fish better than boys. They listen to instruction. Just consider yourself a better teacher than fisher. This is a phenomenon that we just can't get away from. Good for her.

Default Congratulations!

"If she's having fun, I'm having fun" - repeat.

Just yesterday, I was watching the tight loops my 15 y/o daughter was throwing, wow. Too early for fish, but she had a good outing just the same. My wife enjoys fly fishing too. Over the years, this kind of relationship simplifies things considerably.

Congratulations! Besides, you're a photographer too, right? Great photos, as usual!

Quote Originally Posted by jtm9 View Post
    Get used to the fact that girls fish better than boys. They listen to instruction. Just consider yourself a better teacher than fisher. This is a phenomenon that we just can't get away from. Good for her.
    Being a fishing guide teaches you that super quick, the thing I love most about guiding women is that its never a boring fish with them, all the women I've ever guided are super excited by everything they catch no matter the size.

Now to get her to learn how to double haul... Maybe she'll just figure it out one day like I did (only took me 4 years)

My gf outfished me 2 nights in a row

and that's a surprise why? Its great you are spending the time out there together.

My wife outfishes me 9 out of 10 trips. If Momma's happy everybody is happy though. Gotta love a woman on the water.
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

[QUOTE=ak_powder_monkey;487199]Being a fishing guide teaches you that super quick, the thing I love most about guiding women is that its never a boring fish with them, all the women I've ever guided are super excited by everything they catch no matter the size.

so I guess size doesnt matter after all...

AKPM -I thought you were for realeasing wild trout? Were the cutthroat also stockers or part of a wild population? I remember as a kid in Juneau there was a bounty on cutthroat and dollies because it was thought that they ate too many salmon eggs and fry.

Quote Originally Posted by jockomontana View Post
    so I guess size doesnt matter after all...
    It's the width, and the wiggle of the worm that matter!

Quote Originally Posted by matsuthunder View Post
    Powder
    Ha ha ha ha, surely you jest?

All depends on what you call "Juneau area." If you consider Yakutat, part of the "Juneau area," then yes.

Scared the crap out of a steelhead just a couple days ago. Fell through the bank ice and muttered a couple colorful words and he must have not liked them because he sure did haul ass away from me. Looks like he was up under a root structure near the wier. Been walking the creek daily and it's still a pain in the rearend to get to the good holes, but it's melting quickly up there. Water is super cold but on the rise everyday, looks like about 2 ft up in past couple of days. Next week or two for the bite hopefully.
    Seen some dollies jumping downtown just two nights ago and a large group of fry just off the pier. Heard they were being caught pretty regular at salmon creek. May take a day off from the steelhead and target some dollies this weekend.
    Nice cutties, AKPM. That Auke Lake?

Default My wife always outfishes me

Women are good luck. When my wife comes we always catch fish and she always outfishes me, it's been that way from day one with her, even last week in Hawaii. It's better when the woman outfishes us anyway, she's more likely to want to go again.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by gusdog44 View Post
    AKPM -I thought you were for realeasing wild trout? Were the cutthroat also stockers or part of a wild population? I remember as a kid in Juneau there was a bounty on cutthroat and dollies because it was thought that they ate too many salmon eggs and fry.
    all of those fish were released a little shocked but otherwise unharmed

Here is one story we all should strive for:

I know a guy who has his wife convinced that it is female pheremones that cause women to out fish us men. Using this as a basis this guy gets his wife to bait all their gear!!!

How about that... imagine no more stinky bait hands.

Sobie2

Quote Originally Posted by Sobie2 View Post
    Here is one story we all should strive for:

I know a guy who has his wife convinced that it is female pheremones that cause women to out fish us men. Using this as a basis this guy gets his wife to bait all their gear!!!

How about that... imagine no more stinky bait hands.

Sobie2
    I also read that they are better at making sandwiches and doing dishes.

My gf just punched me in the face for that comment.
    Random guy in Fly shop: "Where did this happen???? In real life or in Alaska?"