Thread: Petersville Rd snow free?

Default Petersville Rd snow free?

Has anyone been in on Petersville Rd recently? I'm wondering if it's 4x4able (truck or 4wheeler)? I read that people were snowmachining last weekend in very soft snow, but after a week of 60+ degrees and sunshine there can't be much snow left!

I'm thinking about heading back in this weekend on a wheeler or maybe my Jeep.

Any recent info would be greatly appreciated!

Bump this up, I was looking at heading there this weekend to find some decent bear country, maybe find a bait site. I know last year when I went in late may-early June, some areas had too much snow to get across, but it has been warm lately... Anyone have any info?

Also interested in this.

Anyone up there recently?

95% of the time the Pville road is ready on Memorial day weekend. I wouldn't waste my time until then.

Default Any Updates

Bump

Haven't been able to head up there yet, but I am going this weekend, so will have an update than.

I haven't made it up there yet either, but I'd bet $100 the snow is gone.

Default petersville

road was closed past the kroto bridge last sunday-probably to preclude it from getting torn up before it thaws completely. it may be the same past the forks as things unfreeze and the closures leapfrog.

Quote Originally Posted by bwake View Post
    road was closed past the kroto bridge last sunday-probably to preclude it from getting torn up before it thaws completely. it may be the same past the forks as things unfreeze and the closures leapfrog.
    Just went up that way, it is still closed at Kroto bridge/parking and closed past the roadhouse. Too bad, wanted to look for a bait site there but found a better place. The roads were all clear and dry, should open up fully soon. People were still riding past the closures.