Thread: Siberian Husky

Default Siberian Husky

Hi all we just got our first husky. After researching a little on food brands im kinda curious what should i feed him. Ivge noticed alot of the common food brands have bad stuff in them like corn meal and such. I want him to be healthy and have a good life any help would be appreciated.

Sean

We feed the Eagle Pack line, they have a holistic and natural food lineup. I think many of the major brands do.

I tried Innova, Canine Caviar, California Natural and Solid Gold. They all gave one of ours soft stool or diarhea. But they might work for you. We'd try a bag and by the end of the bag if that dog had stool issues we switched.

Are you going to skijor or sled your sibe?

Ditto, Eagle pack for us too, our bullmastiff's do wonderful on it.

Default High quality dog food.

I have 2 Akitas who are really picky eaters. I have used Ukenemba (probably mis-spelled) with great sucess. But lately I have been using Members Mark from Sam's Club. They have a high protein line, in the yellow bag, with 30% protein. I am sure it has some fillers in it, but my dogs get the protein they need. So far no loose stools. Hope this helps.

Default akhemi

My husky/malanute loves Eagle Pack with a little salmon oil!!

I started feeding him eukanuba and he likes that. So I guess we will see how it goes.

Redpaw, I have been feeding their 32/20 for over a year and my dogs have done very well on it.