Thread: On the road to Valdez

Default On the road to Valdez

Headed to Valdez this afternoon for the first boat trip of the year and thought I would take this opportunity to rub it in a little for those of you working - How is this for a spring forecast for PWS -

http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/USAK0258.html

Default me too....

maybe we'll cya there friday morning- sunday. this winter has killed me for lack of oppurtunity, so going early to glass for bears and maybe catch some halibut....

B

Quote Originally Posted by rambling raven View Post
    Headed to Valdez this afternoon for the first boat trip of the year and thought I would take this opportunity to rub it in a little for those of you working - How is this for a spring forecast for PWS -

http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/USAK0258.html
    Your Sick!

Seward this weekend for us, wet the keel and kill some fish.

Enjoy.....
    Jay
    07 C-Dory 25 Cruiser
    OurPlayground.

I could really learn to hate you salt water guys.... hope the weather stays good for you and the fish are hungry.

Default Seward is open again?

For some reason i was thinking that seward was still closed for repairs to the bridges. Does anyone know for certain what the story is? If it's open then im getting the boat wet this weekend for sure.

Have a great time Ill be in Fairbanks on the 8 to get my new SJX

Quote Originally Posted by breausaw View Post
    Your Sick!

Seward this weekend for us, wet the keel and kill some fish.

Enjoy.....
    What he said. Word for word.

That is so unfair! Has to be one of the best Valdez forcast I have seen in a long time. Now only if I could get over there to enjoy it. The I am sure the poor tub is sitting in storage pouting as I type. Good luck on the fishing a bears if you are looking for them!

Its been sunny here for the past week or so and most of the snow has melted off the mountains but its nothing like home!

You guys better post up some pics so I can live vicariously through all of you this summer and fall!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default I'm a hater too...

put the boat out on the chena tonight and having some problems with electronics.... kinda don't think Valdez is a good idea, so guess I'm going to join the hater's club... bah humbug (and the Tanana's not out so can't even run the river and put out bait!).

B

Default Well since we can't and you can....

Have a great time, sunshine and calm water, doesn't get any better than that any time of the year. Post next week and tell us all about it. Watch out for rocks, that ocean's a lot shallower in the winter with all the water tied up in snow

Default !

Quote Originally Posted by MDwhatley View Post
    For some reason i was thinking that seward was still closed for repairs to the bridges. Does anyone know for certain what the story is? If it's open then im getting the boat wet this weekend for sure.
    Road opened Tuesday morning at 7:50 AM (yup, I was there waiting in the line). Expect some delays and one lane traffic as there is still construction.