Thread: Hilleberg Nallo 4 GT report

Default Hilleberg Nallo 4 GT report

Had the opportunity to use my new tent this past weekend at Ninilchik Beach camping area while clamming. It was a very wet and windy day with probably 30-40 mph winds on the beach. Set the tent up with the factory groundcloth and must say that it performed very well. Totally dry and very pleased with the large vestibule area. Using the factory ground cloth provided made the vestibule like another portion of tent. Set up in the wet without issue due to the design. Only 2 minutes required to setup. Can't say enough about this tent. Performed very well with constant rain for over 20 straight hours. Just figured I would post my results on the Nallo 4 GT in case others are looking that way for a tent.

Thanks for the report. I'm going to be buying mine real soon!

I have one as well and it is simply a great tent! Best money I have spent on a piece of gear.

Default tent

I really like the Hillebergs also, but am instead VERY pleased with my Kaitum. The symmetrical ends really allow excellent venting as well as place to store packs under one end while using the other entrance. I have had it up in very cool rainy conditions and it remained totally dry inside even though we were in and out of it several times during the rain. I had it on an open sandbar last fall and was near my plane. I went out and checked both the plane and tent tie downs during the night and the plane airspeed indicator read 45mph so it withstood the wind well also. I had tried one of the Nallos first and did get some condensation and was able to exchnage for the Kaitum which has been excellent in all respects.

Interesting report there driveacub, I havn't had any issues w/ condensation on the Nallo. I think that I might if I didn't open the ground vent on the "tail end (opposite end from the vestibule) on a still humid night. Interesting that you found a difference between the nallo and kaitum iit looks like the kiatum has an added hoop and thicker material but I couldn't see a difference in the ventilation design. Weight was definately a factor when I chose the Nallo. If I was only going to use it as a base camp near the boat/plane/raft I would have gone Kaitum for sure. My nallo 4 GT serves as my sheep shelter as well as family camping cave when out with my wife and 3 boys. It is a little heavy for sheep but if you get pinned in by weather it is a castle!

Thanks for the report
    BONEYARDBAITS THE BEST HALIBUT, ROCKFISH GRUBS ON THE PLANET....''06'' WORLD RECORD LINGCOD ''08'' HOMER HALIBUT DERBY WINNER''. BOTH FISH CAUGHT WITH BONEYARDBAIT GRUBS WWW.BONEYARDBAITS.COM

Default nallo

There definitely seemed to be a difference. I used the Nallo on a sheep hunt with a bit of rain (good breeze) and had no problem; next I used it in PWS with fog and rain and had some condensation but there was no breeze to move out condensation; next I used it in the Mat valley with a bit of fog and not much breeze when quite cool and I had condensation. In all cases I had the vents open as much as possible. I was able to swap (and pay difference, etc) for the Kaitum. I used it in pretty good rain with fog in Nelchina basin where we even went in and out of the tent a couple of times during the day and have used it several times since and never had a hint of condensation. I think that the higher vent on the rear end allows ventilation even with only a slight breeze and that moves any moisture out.