Thread: Petersville rd.-Chalatna Lake-Lake Creek-********na Lake

Default Petersville rd.-Chalatna Lake-Lake Creek-********na Lake

Now that I have my packraft I have been eyeing possibly getting dropped off via 4 wheeler by a buddy or two a ways out Petersville rd. and then hike/brushwack the 15-20 miles taking 2 or 3 days to get to Chalatna Lake and then packraft down Lake Creek and get flown out from ********na Lake. Anyone done a similar trip or see any obvious reason why this couldn't be done??

Thanks

You do have to cross the Kahiltna. Its quite a wide valley up there. If you have a raft it will make it easier but its still quite a crossing. An ATV at a good time of year can get you pretty close maybe even right to it. From there its just swamps and woods, mosquitos and bears. It would definately be an adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by outnaboutnak View Post
    You do have to cross the Kahiltna. Its quite a wide valley up there. If you have a raft it will make it easier but its still quite a crossing. An ATV at a good time of year can get you pretty close maybe even right to it. From there its just swamps and woods, mosquitos and bears. It would definately be an adventure.
    Thanks, yeah I know it might a bushwack at times. I am also planning on hiking from petersville rd. my plan was pack my Alpacka packraft (weighs 8 pounds with raft and paddles) in my backpack to float down Lake Creek once I get to Chalatna Lake, thus I figured I would inflate it to cross the Kahiltna as well so it SHOULDN'T(famous last words) be a problem.
    Nice to hear about possibly getting a wheeler ride closer to the Kahitlna as well. Thanks for the info.