Thread: Custom gun work and warranty

Default Custom gun work and warranty

Ok, well Ive been posting this on another forum, but the company Im having issues with is a advertiser on that site so you can guess how thats turning out for me.

Quick rundown,

I bought a 1911 kit. I gave up on it quick, didnt hardly touch it, and sent it back to the people who sold me the kit to just build it.

I paid one handsome charge for them to build it for me. Probably would have been cheaper just to buy one from them complete

I got the gun back, It was a jammer. Wouldnt shoot anything but CCI Blazers. Yeah, alot of what I tried were my handloads, but, they are fine. All my other pistols like them. I think the handload excuse by manafactures is a copout.

So I sent the gun in to have it fixed. When I called the owner he made it sound like sure send it in we will take care of it. So I sent it in thinking there will be no charge, But like he has done before, he acts that way, then once he has your gun, sends you a bill.

So I get an email saying we need credit info cause that will be 60 dollars for range fee and return shipping. But we are not going to charge for the throating or polishing we did. (wich is good cause I already paid for that according to my first invoice when they built the gun)

I think this would be a warranty, They built the gun. Everyone else seems to think that it isnt a warranty cause the gun was originally bought as a kit.

Bottom line, I spent 1300 dollars with this company, they built the gun using their parts, I think that would make it a 100% in-house gun that should be covered under their "unconditional warranty" that is touted on their website.

So am I outta of line here?

Of course, Im getting nowhere discussing this on the other forum cause its nothing but fanboys over there. It would be like going to glocktalk and saying glocks suck. Wich by the way Glocks dont suck. I bought a Glock to replace this and the thing is just as accurate, and dead nuts more reliable and cost half as much

The owner of the company isnt backing down, hes not even the one saying this isnt a in-house gun, just that they dont guarantee handloads. They only guarantee whatever ammo they used to test it with before shipment. And he couldnt even tell me what that was.

And really this is just the tip of the ice-berg with my experience with this company, This is actually the cheapest thing he has soaked me for, but this is the one that just set me off.

If you have an invoice that says they throated and polished it and you paid for it when they did not do it or did it poorly here is what I would do. Copy your invoices and highlight the important items, write them a letter detailing what is going on and how you feel it is due to what they did not do even though they charged for it. Say what you want to set things right, but be professional and donít threaten anything yet!! Mail all this to them certified return receipt and hang onto copies of what you sent. This is laying a foundation for legal action and they will understand that if they have half a brain.

From here your reaction depends on what they do or donít do. If they ignore you then after at least 2 weeks send another letter saying that you will be taking legal acting in the Alaska court system in 15 days. If they donít respond follow through and do it. Alaska has jurisdiction since they shipped the gun here and just to answer an Alaska summons will cost him more than the price of the gun even if he was to win, but I donít think he would win.

Good luck and keep us posted!
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Well honestly this is a dead horse for me. I have paid him and my gun is enroute.

This gun will be sold once I verify it functions right.

In fact I was going to sell it 4 months ago, but wanted to make sure that it worked right, and didnt want to sell it to some other person to deal with. I figured it would be painless for me to deal with it cause I was the original purchaser.

Im just amazed that no one thinks this is uncommon or that it is my problem that the gun jams.

Here is an analogy to maybe clarify things

Im a plumber, when I install or repair plumbing it is in my bid or original price to stick around and make sure that it works. What this guy did was charge me for the install, than additional to make sure it works.

That's a real bummer, spread the name so we don't get the shaft too.

Yes, post the name, the outfit deserves it and will alert a lot of others.
    I have been beat to death posting about bad guns but feel if it saved some guy big bucks, so be it.

Default I wonder IF

It's the Fusion you have for sale?

I was booted from Servas 1911 board for complaining about a certain Top Sergeant who wanted a long slide STS 10mm, he got a five inch slide with an extended barrel..

Fusion builds what I call "lunch box" guns using low bidder parts, my question was simply why didn't they just order in a STS longslide from whomever.

Fusion lost out on a unit order from this screw up, Springfield and SIG are happy to accommodate custom touches, especially for several hundred guns.

Well yeah its fusion. I'm just worn out from dealing with that guy. I finally got what I wanted in the gun, but it took alot of money and keeping one step ahead of Fusion, or at least try to.

Yeah they booted me from that board too Monte once I mentioned what a pain its been getting my gun right with those guys.

The gun is right now, but Im just sick of it and it needs to go. Its a shame, its a nice looking gun, and made how I want it to be but it took a year to get it that way.

As near as I can tell its made of High Quality parts and Is Fitted well. I've shown it to several people who know more about 1911's than me and asked them their honest opinion, and they all said it seemed like a very nice piece that was well fitted.

My big beef with Serva is that I believe he is a bit of a, well I dont want to say crook but.....

I've been double charged, things left out of my order, billed for more work than I requested and now billed for having to send it back for function.

Right on my invoice it says..
    Re-ream barrel
    Re-throat
    re-polish chamber
    change front sight to taller one

Now to me all this 'RE" business means they didnt get it right the first time and that it should be on the house. Granted he didnt charge me for labor but he did charge me 35 for a range fee (I got 8 pieces of CCI Blazer for proof of test fireing for my 35 bucks BTW) and return shipping. In all 75 bucks cost to me so they could redo everything.

Also he put on too low of a front sight the first time and tried charging me for a new taller one. But those are one of his quick scams you can get your self out of with him pretty easily.

The first go around he charged me twice for sight install, charged me for ejector install but didnt do it, charged me for a magazine he didnt send. Charged me for parts he never sent. Oh and charged me for re-matte blasting the frame after they worked on it and scratched it.

It was a consntant battle double checking and getting things corrected with him.

My first invoice he chaged me 900 something, after it was said and done and I got him to correct his mistakes we were whittled down to 700 I think, maybe a bit lower. But that took a couple of days of negotiating.

So to finalize cause I am selling this gun, its a great gun now, but Im through.

I feel for you man! Spend a heap of money and time, fight tooth and nail, then when you finally get it like you wanted all that crap comes back every time you look at it. Been there and done that and it sucks the joy right out of it!
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona