Thread: Want to go fishing...

Default Want to go fishing...

So Im not like a professional fisherman or anything. And I don't have a boat. Things of that nature.... But my parents moved out of state this winter and my dad gave me all his fishing stuff that he had because he had to buy all new stuff for where he moved to.

I want to go fishing here in a couple weeks and can go fishing for anything. What would be a good place to take the wife to go catch some fish in or around Anchorage?

If you are after trout Jewel, Little Campbell and Sand lakes are very good right after the ice starts going out. Kepler-Bradley lakes near Palmer are also home to some pretty big rainbows but the best fishing is right after ice out......for anything else you pretty much ave to wait another couple weeks until the weekend salmon fisheries open up on highway streams. Check the regs for dates.....should be able to do pretty good within 100 miles of Los Anchorage

I've been so busy with my "real" job I haven't even had the time to go out and check the lakes lately. Is there much open water around the edges of the lakes here in Anchorage or out in Palmer yet? Usually the ice out on the local lakes is the first week of May by my books. Palmer is just about the same "usually". Anyone been out to look in the last few days?

There is verry little open water around the edges of anchorage lakes, Only enough to get to watter 1 foot deep. But with the warm weather, expect them to be fishable around the ice by the end of the week.
    It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/

There were some people fishing around the edge of the ice on Jewel lake last night. They were catching the little stockers in there which would be a good place to start.
    Finally, Brad Childress is GONE!

Campbell Point lake is still iced up. Just starting to go out from shore. Will be another week or so before it goes out enough to fish. These warm days should help the situation.
    Just a bitter Alaskan clinging to his guns and religion.....