Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Access to Knik at Old Glenn bridge closed. No tresspassing.

Default Access to Knik at Old Glenn bridge closed. No tresspassing.

Interesting........

I was just there on Sunday too.

I found the plat on DNR's site.

I won't be so quick to say this plat owner is in the right. According to the crude picture on DNR's site it looks like in 2003 DOW MARILYN was granted this plat but the boundary is to the far left of the sign. Right now I'm calling B F?N S on this sign. Signs are cheap and keep people out.... Also this lot is posted as "for sale." Tomorrow I'm calling DNR

http://dnr.alaska.gov/ssd/recoff/sag...0&District=311

Once I verify this sign is BS and have my ducks in row Shannon will receive an email from me with the proper paperwork attached.

This reeeeaaalllly boils my blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Water_Gremlin View Post

I won't be so quick to say this plat owner is in the right. According to the crude picture on DNR's site it looks like in 2003 DOW MARILYN was granted this plat but the boundary is to the far left of the sign. Right now I'm calling B F?N S on this sign. Signs are cheap and keep people out.... Tomorrow I'm calling DNR

Once I verify this sign is BS and have my ducks in row Shannon will receive an email from me with the proper paperwork attached.

So you're saying I needn't waste my time heading down to the Russian River next week with 3 dozen NO TRESPASSING signs, a hammer, and a box of nails???
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

I won't be so quick to say this plat owner is in the right. According to the crude picture on DNR's site it looks like in 2003 DOW MARILYN was granted this plat but the boundary is to the far left of the sign. Right now I'm calling B F?N S on this sign. Signs are cheap and keep people out.... Tomorrow I'm calling DNR

hummm, I looked up Shannon Johnson. in 2007 their address is Tuscola, TX and signed a deed of trust from a James Rogers. See what I found below. When I hit Stat Warranty deed, I could see all plats, etc but too small to read. I think we should take a ride and blow the crap up!!! We can borrow TJM's machines. ha ha

http://dnr.alaska.gov/ssd/recoff/sag...N&District=311
    The only thing worse than a Subaru is the as*hole who drives it.

I can't imagine the sign is even there any more. Heck you can't leave a truck there overnight without it getting burned to the ground. There is no way that anyone is going to be able to block that access point. Between the road easement and the legal boundary of the river bed there will be a way for people to legally get to the water. I am however not surprised that DNR would grant land that potentially blocks public access. They allowed the entire Hunter Creek valley (which IS part of KRPUA) to be blocked off by a cattle ranch. I was shocked when that happened back in the 90's, now nothing surprises me!

Let us know what you find there WG.

I am surprised to see an Air Force email address on the sign. I am going to take some time and forward this to the Elmendorf Legal office. By putting up a military email it certainly gives the impression that the sign has military backing. It is against the UCMJ for someone to falsly represent the military in that manner. Further more if they are falsly posting state land that is against the law as well!

If you own property near the Russian post away on your lot, but frivolous "no trespassing" signs off property crosses the line.

Like I posted, last address was in Texas. I wonder if they are here now? I love the "YOU ARE IN TRESPASS ON THIS PRIVATE PROPERTY". Texas....Says it all Please do not send me PM regarding prior statement!! Just a joke

If you own property near the Russian post away on your lot, but frivolous "no trespassing" signs off property crosses the line.

I agree.....

...But in the right place it sure can be effective....<grin>
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.

Quote Originally Posted by wldboar View Post
    Like I posted, last address was in Texas. I wonder if they are here now? I love the "YOU ARE IN TRESPASS ON THIS PRIVATE PROPERTY". Texas....Says it all
    Give 'em another week and there will be a high fence, deer feeders and a 1200sq ft tree palace, er stand, all set up....

Please do not send me PM regarding prior statement!! Just a joke
    Ditto....

Hippie, if I had rep points.....+1 (thought that counts)

Good firewood. Tear it down.

If nothing else, this signs shows a bad sense of timing. Assuming their claims are valid (which I seriously doubt), if they'd held off a few more weeks until AFTER the annual cleanup, hundreds of us low-lifes would have been out there cleaning up their "private property".

i say we accidently take it down due to it looking like litter during the clean-up LOL

ok this is crazy the owner lives in TX the "caretaker" lives in Palmer and the **** piece of paper was noterised in Missouri what the hell is up with that????!!!!

We saw the guy putting it up on sunday. Drove right around him and his sign! He just looked at me crossways but didnt flag me down or anything.

I'd be suprised if it was still there too. What a shame that is a great sign! Looks very proffesional and serious.

I hope they didnt pay too much for that lot. Its going to cause a bunch of headaches!

Default no trespassing

The threats on here are pretty pathetic.Come on guys.
    Now back to the real issue.Does the sign sit in the high water zone?If it does would that give us a legal trespass up the river?

Police were on scene twice day before last. So area is being monitored. Link to another thread.http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ote=1&p=485802

Dave Griffin is in the field today so I sent him an email with the pictures and DNR recorders office page. Once Dave gets back with me I'll let everyone know what I find out.

dansvan, are you talking about the Troopers? They are out there every weekend and sometimes during the week patrolling KRPUA.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast