Thread: Delta Meats??

Default Delta Meats??

I have 15 lbs of caribou I want them to make into hot links, smokie dogs, brats, polish sausage or the equivalent for grilling or roasting on a stick over the fire.

I have never had anything from them, although I hear nothing but great reviews, and am seeking your opinion on what tastes good from them from the above mentioned items???

Thanks

Pepper sticks and breakfast sausage.. Really tho they have a platter of differant things you can test and make up your own mind what you want. You can ask for more spice or less, just what ever your liking is.

If its made with Caribou, its gotta be Good!

You can "Bubba Gump" Caribou with any variety of spices and in most formes.
    I had Caribou and onion Shishkabobs tonight, with Teriyaki
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Delta Meat and Sausage is good to go. I've had their bratwurst, breakfast sausage, and italian sausage. All very tasty.

They do excellent!
    Tim

You might need more than 15 lbs of meat for them to do their magic.

No one will ever beat the sausages you make yourself. By grinding and stuffing your own you can tweak recipes to your families taste. For example the stuff that gets sent outside is tailored to the person who is receiving it as a gift. My side of the family generally prefers sweeter sausage, Tracy's wants everything extra spicy.

Having the stuff on hand to do it also opens up new possibilities. I have made sausage from everything from bear to ducks and have only had one or two of them turn out badly. Hint duck needs a little extra fat or it turns out way to hard, never, never, never add fat to marmot after mid summers eve, it's got more than enough on it's own, makes great bacon too.
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.