Thread: Homer Blackies

Default Homer Blackies

Has anyone seen anything yet I am planning on going out on the 11th.Taking a friends boat out and around the bend short of Nuka bay i think it is.Its going to be a first for both of us any tips would be appreciated.

Don't fall in the water!

i am assuming you are taking a good sized boat, that is quite a ways and big water.
    you shouldn't have to go that far anyhow... the first long-range boats out of homer are heading that way this coming weekend.
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

If your boat isnt at least a 35 footer.........find a bigger boat......
    BONEYARDBAITS THE BEST HALIBUT, ROCKFISH GRUBS ON THE PLANET....''06'' WORLD RECORD LINGCOD ''08'' HOMER HALIBUT DERBY WINNER''. BOTH FISH CAUGHT WITH BONEYARDBAIT GRUBS WWW.BONEYARDBAITS.COM

Default Nuka Bay

Sound advice from HOMERDAVE and BONYARD.
    Heed, Heed Heed.

There are good places to hunt bear closer then Nuka. Man I have a 26 foot boat and would not go that far.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Nuka seems like a long way, but that is about the only public land besides the state park straight across from the spit. The land around Seldovia and around the point is native. Does anyone know if the Seldovia Native Association, Port Graham Native Association, or English Bay Native Association allows bear hunting on their lands? Or, do I need to stay within the K-Bay State Park area?

Default homer blackies

Yeah Nuka is just the last name i remember from the map.We will be hunting as soon as we leave but dont plan on going much farther that around the point I think the guy i am going with said something about chrome bay or port dick something like that.We have a 27 ft seasport so the weather will predict where we go only have 3 days to hunt.

My friend shot a nice bear last year in tuka bay.......
    BONEYARDBAITS THE BEST HALIBUT, ROCKFISH GRUBS ON THE PLANET....''06'' WORLD RECORD LINGCOD ''08'' HOMER HALIBUT DERBY WINNER''. BOTH FISH CAUGHT WITH BONEYARDBAIT GRUBS WWW.BONEYARDBAITS.COM