Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: spring 2009 hunting supplement

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing. Time to start planning my semi-annual donations.

Thanks for the link, been anxiously waiting for this time to come! Want me a cow moose permit.

YES!!!!!! More money to donate
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Gives all the whiners a second chance at the 20A moose. Maybe they will take the time to read the supplement this time!! Notice: This is the last spring drawing to be held, unless people forget and complain lots and then there will be another spring drawing! Do I sound bitter , no way. Still cant believe f & g did that.
    "One Last Cast"

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by fk 107 View Post
    Gives all the whiners a second chance at the 20A moose. Maybe they will take the time to read the supplement this time!! Notice: This is the last spring drawing to be held, unless people forget and complain lots and then there will be another spring drawing! Do I sound bitter , no way. Still cant believe f & g did that.

+1 and then some!!!!!!!!!!!
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

GOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!

most the 20 a and b cow hunts. the recipiant may not hunt for or take a bull moose.

draw a cow tag hunt a cow tag..

Hunt Area:
    that portion of Unit 20A bounded on the south by the south side of the Rex Trail,
    on the west by Tatlanika Creek, and on the north and east by the east bank of the Wood River.

Recipients of these permits are prohibited from hunting for or taking an antlered bull moose
    in Unit 20A.
    Hunt Area:
    that portion of Unit 20A, bounded on the north and east by the north bank of the Tanana
    River, on the west by the east bank of the Wood River, and on the south by a line at N64° 29’ 11”.

Recipients of these permits are prohibited from hunting for or taking an antlered bull moose
    in Unit 20A.
    Hunt Area:
    that portion of Unit 20A bounded on the south by the south side of the Rex Trail, on the
    west by the Totatlanika River, on the north by the north bank of the Tanana River, and on the east
    by Tatlanika Creek.
    Recipients of these permits are prohibited from hunting for or taking an
    antlered bull moose in Unit 20A.
    Hunt Area:
    that portion of Unit 20A, bounded on the north by a line at N64° 29’ 11” on the west by
    the east bank of the Wood River, on the east by the north bank of the Tanana River, on the south by a
    line beginning at the mouth of the Little Delta River (at N64° 17’ 2” W146° 42’ 23”), to the intersection
    of the Wood River’s east bank and the Rex Trail (at N64° 14’ W147° 41’ 45”).
    Recipients of these

permits are prohibited from hunting for or taking an antlered bull moose in Unit 20A.

Hunt Area
    : Fairbanks Management Area - that portion of Unit 20B bounded
    by a line from the confluence of Rosie Creek and the Tanana River, northerly
    along Rosie Creek to the middle fork of Rosie Creek through Section 26 to
    the Parks Highway, east along the Parks Highway to Alder Creek, upstream
    along Alder Creek to its confluence with Emma Creek, upstream along Emma
    Creek to its headwaters, northerly along the hydrographic divide between
    Goldstream Creek drainages and Cripple Creek drainages to the summit of
    Ester Dome, down Sheep Creek to its confluence with Goldstream Creek,
    easterly along Goldstream Creek to Sheep Creek Road, north on Sheep
    Creek Road to Murphy Dome Road, west on Murphy Dome Road to Old
    Murphy Dome Road, east on Old Murphy Dome Road to the Elliott Highway,
    south on the Elliott Highway to Davidson Ditch, southeasterly along the
    Davidson Ditch to its confluence with the tributary to Goldstream Creek in
    Section 29, downstream along the tributary to its confluence with Goldstream
    Creek, in a straight line to First Chance Creek, up First Chance Creek to the
    summit of Tungsten Hill, southerly along Steele Creek to its intersection with
    the Trans-Alaska Pipeline right-of-way, southeasterly along the easterly edge
    of the Trans-Alaska Pipeline right-of-way to the Chena River, along the north
    bank of the Chena River to the Moose Creek dike, southerly along Moose
    Creek dike to its intersection with the Tanana River, and westerly along the
    north bank of the Tanana River to the point of beginning.

Recipients of these permits are prohibited from hunting for or taking
    an antlered bull moose in the Fairbanks Management Area
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

finally!!!!!!!!

I'm definitely excited about some of the new moose hunts.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    GOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!

most the 20 a and b cow hunts. the recipiant may not hunt for or take a bull moose.

draw a cow tag hunt a cow tag..

[/SIZE]
    Gotta disagree with your philosophy on this one Vince. To me this is classical evidence of the BOG trespassing even deeper into hunters priveleges and opportunities. Just another way for them to be managing people, as opposed to managing the game. What difference does it really make, if a hunter shoots either sex, as long as they are permitted for it? I don't get the rationale and sure don't get the acceptance of it.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    To me this is classical evidence of the BOG trespassing even deeper into hunters priveleges and opportunities. Just another way for them to be managing people, as opposed to managing the game. What difference does it really make, if a hunter shoots either sex, as long as they are permitted for it? I don't get the rationale and sure don't get the acceptance of it.
    I must say I'm with you on this one! The new Tier I has me scratching my head. If you draw a permit you or a member of your household cant hunt moose or caribou anywhere else in the state that year? What if your kid draws a cow moose tag on your own home turf? He cant hunt if his father drew a Tier I.

For this reason I will not be applying for the Tier I this year. I will send in an application but check the box that I don't want a permit, just the points.

Whats next? If you shop at Fred Meyers, but they run out of milk, you cant go to Carrs to buy some?

I don't know about you , but I hunt Caribou where the Caribou are and Moose where the Moose are.

Default What??

Am I reading this right on 13B?? I now can't hunt the area I've been hunting forever, and it's non-resident only??? And only 10 permits??? That's the only reason I bought the place was for moose hunting.... I must be confused, cause that surely can't be right. Anyone want to buy the place??

Claude
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

Quote Originally Posted by denalihunter View Post
    Am I reading this right on 13B?? I now can't hunt the area I've been hunting forever, and it's non-resident only??? And only 10 permits??? That's the only reason I bought the place was for moose hunting.... I must be confused, cause that surely can't be right. Anyone want to buy the place??

Claude
    We haven't seen the new 2009 hunting regs yet, so no telling.

My guess is there is still going to be a regular hunt for residents similar to what it was last year+ a few any bull drawing permits DM330-DM334, but no nonresident hunts without a drawing permit DM335-DM339.

I had to read the drawing supplement a few times. At first I thought it was BS they were allowing nonresident only drawing permits for the most accessible areas of the unit. If you look closer the permits are for 50" 4 brow only.

That leads me to believe that there will not be a Nonres regular season for unit 13.

This is just my theory, so don't run with it just yet, but its the only thing that makes sense to me.

How much do you want for the place? with no hunting allowed I should get it pretty cheap. LOL.

Default Ah, okay

That's a good point. I spit my coffee on my keyboard this morning when I read it originally. I'll go take my for sale sign down for awhile then. I can't imagine only giving 20 non-resident permits for the entire length of the Denali Highway and beyond, so maybe it's just a way to allow a few non-residents a way to hunt the area.
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

Default Atleast you have permits

They canned all the moose drawing permits in southeast this year. The only drawing permit I'm almost close too is the Etolin Island elk tag. In that case it's a donation whether you get a tag or not. Looks like I'm going to have to live vicariously through my friends up north this year.

Quote Originally Posted by northriver21 View Post
    IFor this reason I will not be applying for the Tier I this year. I will send in an application but check the box that I don't want a permit, just the points.
    I am thinking that I am also going to hop on this bus. I want to give it a year to see what happens. I send in for my points and wait it out. They will probably can the hole thing right at the last minute and revert back to Tier II.

Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    Gotta disagree with your philosophy on this one Vince. To me this is classical evidence of the BOG trespassing even deeper into hunters priveleges and opportunities. Just another way for them to be managing people, as opposed to managing the game. What difference does it really make, if a hunter shoots either sex, as long as they are permitted for it? I don't get the rationale and sure don't get the acceptance of it.
    I disagree with you. Again.

Denali - The resident season will be unchanged, but a handful of non-residents will be able to hunt under the same 50"/4 brow tine rules. As for the more remote areas of the unit, a handful of residents will win any-bull permits, but those areas will also still be open for a resident spike/fork/50"/4 brow tine season.

Default Nelchina?

So how does this new system work for the Nelchina caribou?

Quote Originally Posted by AK Archer View Post
    So how does this new system work for the Nelchina caribou?
    It's all clearly explained in the supplement. Basically, anyone can apply. If there are more applicants than permits, a drawing will be held among the applicants. If you don't win, you get a point which gives you a better chance next year. There is a limit of one permit per household every four years. If your household wins a permit, nobody in your household can hunt moose or caribou in any unit other than Unit 13 for the entire regulatory year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast