Thread: Gun Show regrets... what was I thinking!?

Default Gun Show regrets... what was I thinking!?

So I went to the gun show at UAF yesterday. Not really looking for much. I just bought a couple new guns but was looking for some odds and ends. Anyway, a guy had 2 Linotype Lead Pigs. 21lbs each. He wanted 25 bucks apiece for them. Well, I've been collecting lead and just got a hold of one Linotype Lead Pig so I passed on them. A few minutes later I saw a guy walking out with them with a very satisfied look on his face. So, naturally I felt the knife through the gut and heard the ol "what were you thinking!?" running through my brain. All total I could be sitting on about 65lbs of Linotype that when mixed with lead or ww lead would cast a lot of bullets for a long time.

A buddy of mine passed on a nice little Alaska Backpacker 3 inch S&W 44 mag and was going to go back today to buy it. I haven't heard from him so I suspect he's wondering also... "what were you thinking!?"

Anyone else?

Happy to know I am not the only one to do it! I miss so many great deals like that from indecision I don't even want to think about it.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Default Different kind of regrets here

The Eagle River Lions-Club show was sad.

Maybe 20 vendors and some of them were not even selling guns! Poor selection and high prices. I'll pass on this show in the future.

Are the 2 shows always on the same weekend? I think it watered down the venders having them on the same weekend.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by e45colt View Post

Maybe 20 vendors and some of them were not even selling guns! Poor selection and high prices. I'll pass on this show in the future.
    In four years when we have 53% inflation per month. People will be saying Man, I could'a bought guns back in Two Double'Ought Nine for 1/10 what they are today.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Yeah me here SNYD, what was i thinking,... i spent the weekend pulling snow pack off the driveway and working with Draeger rep,, didn't even GO!!!!!!!!!!! i am sure i could have found plenty of stuff that i would have taked my self outa...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default we did pretty well

the wife picked up a nice .357 S& W Magnum and over six hundred rounds of ammo. not a bad deal. i felt a little left out so i bought a .45 S&W M&P, which was not bad.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by e45colt View Post

There sure weren't many vendors THIS TIME. It's usually better though. Sometimes there are so many tables, there's not enough room for the crowd. I don't make all the ER Lions Club shows, but I always enjoy the ones I attend.

I went on Saturday, for a SHORT TIME. I got some powder, and some 22 LR, so it was worth the trip for me. I stopped at Boondocks on the way back, and it looked like a lot of others did too.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Default I thought the E.R. show was great

I have never been to the Eagle River Lions Club Gun Show before, but I had a great time.

Free parking, $5 entry. The pickings might have been slim compared to what GCA does in the fall, but the vendors had their tables laid out very well, there was plenty of room to move around and while some prices were truly alarming, there were some decent prices to be had and some really nice firearms.

I only had a short time, but I managed to get some powder, a set of Pachmayer grips and a couple of holsters. I hope the used items fit.

I also had a few really enjoyable conversations with some nice folks.

All in all, well worth the time and the price of admission.

Lost Sheep

I went to that show consistently from 95-2007. Runs hot and cold. One year I would be drooling,wanting to buy every thing I saw. next year in and out in 5 minutes. I don't go to gun shows to look at glass beads.