Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Thread: Grayling Fishing

  1. #1
    Member bigcox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kotzebue, Alaska
    Posts
    1,397

    Default Grayling Fishing

    Dusted off the fly rod today and went out to wet a line. The Salmon Slayer and I went down to the Badger Slough and found some takers. We caught about 15 between the two of us. Finaly!!!!Some real Fishing!

    Fish On!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMGP2182[1].jpg   P4262127.jpg  
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...


    http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

  2. #2
    Member H_I_L_L_B_I_L_L_Y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    452

    Default grayling

    It was a great day of fishing. i was fishing about 60 yards up stream of you. Lots of fish! Hillbilly

  3. #3
    Member tjm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,125

    Default

    nice....

    looks like Jedi has mastered the 'pinky in the butt' technique of raising the fin...
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

  4. #4
    Member BlueMoose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Rifle River MI
    Posts
    1,835

    Default Nice

    But get out of my hole eh! :-) Just kidding I almost stopped in and had a chat with whom ever was fishing there I guess I should have! Nice to see you all got out and had some fun! 61 above today NICE!

    TJM - That was funny! Wrong but funny!

  5. #5
    Member alaskachuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    3,256

    Default

    Good stuff. Good to see you out on some soft water jedi.

    TJM funny stuff man coffee out the nose this morning
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

  6. #6
    Member bigcox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kotzebue, Alaska
    Posts
    1,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tjm View Post
    nice....

    looks like Jedi has mastered the 'pinky in the butt' technique of raising the fin...
    Yes..."pinky in the Butt"

    Haha! Thats still funny....

    Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...


    http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

  7. #7
    Member bigcox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kotzebue, Alaska
    Posts
    1,397

    Default

    Went out again today with a buddy. He hooked up with some nize sized fish. Biggest I've seent come out of that small slough.

    Fish On!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P4272134.jpg   P4272129.jpg  
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...


    http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

  8. #8
    Member 900fusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Menominee, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    1,021

    Default

    hey looks like a familiar spot......lol i caught this on sunday
    -Tight Lines & head shakin

  9. #9
    Member tjm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigcox View Post
    Went out again today with a buddy. He hooked up with some nize sized fish. Biggest I've seent come out of that small slough.

    Fish On!
    I see your buddy prefers the 'clean pinky' method.......(why is that still funny to me?..lol)..oh yeah, nice pics fellas'
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

  10. #10
    Member Sapper 27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    North Pole, AK
    Posts
    323

    Default home sweet home

    Less than a month to go before I get to hit up some real fishing! Bittersweet though due to the PCS part. We'll be taking about 30 days of leave before our drive back down to Ft. Rucker. Hopefully when all is said and done I have PCS orders right back up to Wainwright when this school is over with in about a year. By the way BigCox and TSS looks like we will probably be buzzing the tree tops lookin' for sweet fishing holes in a UH-60...

    Sapper in the Skies

  11. #11
    Member bigcox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kotzebue, Alaska
    Posts
    1,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sapper 27 View Post
    Less than a month to go before I get to hit up some real fishing! Bittersweet though due to the PCS part. We'll be taking about 30 days of leave before our drive back down to Ft. Rucker. Hopefully when all is said and done I have PCS orders right back up to Wainwright when this school is over with in about a year. By the way BigCox and TSS looks like we will probably be buzzing the tree tops lookin' for sweet fishing holes in a UH-60...

    Sapper in the Skies
    Sweet....this time when you get back up here it won't be 40 below...we'll have to hit the water when you get back. There will definently be some fish to be caught! Sweet!

    Justin-Sweet Fish.....Don't give away that spot. It's like shooting fish in a barrel right there!


    Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...


    http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

  12. #12
    Member Sapper 2-6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fort Wainwright
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Ohh to be in Alaska right now, but I'm stuck here in the box. Sapper 2-7 I see you are still alive. That is good. I remember last fall when I was destroying the Grayling on Piledriver with the fly. Oh well. I did catch about 3 limits of sand bass in Texas while I was on leave. First cast and I was ripping lips.

    Sapper 2-6

  13. #13
    Member H_I_L_L_B_I_L_L_Y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    452

    Default 900fusion

    Justin thats a good lookin pic. the guy behind the camera must have skills.

  14. #14
    Member alaskachuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    3,256

    Thumbs up Keep Posting

    You know. I fish the rivers around here for some nice bows and have done well. The one fish I always love to catch and always want to catch is the grayling. You guys are killing me. I was catching grayling on the Tangle river at 10am one day. Then I got married at 1pm the same day. I love looking at the pics of those beautiful fish you guys get. Keep em coming please
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

  15. #15
    Member bigcox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kotzebue, Alaska
    Posts
    1,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alaskachuck View Post
    You know. I fish the rivers around here for some nice bows and have done well. The one fish I always love to catch and always want to catch is the grayling. You guys are killing me. I was catching grayling on the Tangle river at 10am one day. Then I got married at 1pm the same day. I love looking at the pics of those beautiful fish you guys get. Keep em coming please
    Funny how you say that...a lot of people I know from around here say the same thing about fishing for Rainbows down there. I love HOZEN BOWS. I can't wait to get down there to fish them. Maybe we can hook up and fish together sometime...Rainbows Or Grayling. Fishing was a little slow around here today, caught 6 fish, one of them was on a Dry Fly though...Pretty Awesome. Darn Skeeters were out today also.

    Fish On!
    Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...


    http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

  16. #16
    Member 900fusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Menominee, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    1,021

    Default

    hey cox i went to the station and ended up catching around 15

    heres a close up

    heres another decent one, hard to take pics by yourself
    -Tight Lines & head shakin

  17. #17
    Member alaskachuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    3,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigcox View Post
    Funny how you say that...a lot of people I know from around here say the same thing about fishing for Rainbows down there. I love HOZEN BOWS. I can't wait to get down there to fish them. Maybe we can hook up and fish together sometime...Rainbows Or Grayling. Fishing was a little slow around here today, caught 6 fish, one of them was on a Dry Fly though...Pretty Awesome. Darn Skeeters were out today also.

    Fish On!
    Fish On!
    Let me know when your in the area. Im looking at coming up north in August for a few days to chase grayling this year. September is a great time to join me chasing some bows
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

  18. #18
    Member bigcox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kotzebue, Alaska
    Posts
    1,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 900fusion View Post
    hey cox i went to the station and ended up catching around 15

    heres a close up

    heres another decent one, hard to take pics by yourself
    Sweet Pics, I guess I know what flies I need to pick up before I go back out. Salcha Pinks weren't working to well yesterday...

    Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...


    http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Awesome grayling pics guys, dang I'm jealous!

  20. #20
    Member AKFishOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Eagle River (Home!)
    Posts
    1,285

    Default

    These are the kind on pictures that define "Spring Fever"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •