Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone seen and bears, black or grizz around the fairbanks area?

Default Has anyone seen and bears, black or grizz around the fairbanks area?

Has anyone been lucky enough to get there bait out yet, and if so have you seen any bears out and about? I should have my bait out within a couple dyas and will let you all know what I see.

Was at the Cabin yesterday, and nothing. Delta area.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Still a little early here. they may be popping out but are not straying far from dens yets. there is still to much snow.... Today is the warmest of the year so far at 58. so they are all awake.. but movement won't really commence for the next few weeks as they come into breeding season...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I was out tonight about an hour out of Fairbanks and found some fresh Grizz tracks at a recent moose kill sight.

Default grizz on kill

saw some fresh sign friday from a grizz on a winter kill, right on the side of a trail. Passed the word to a young guy interested in hunting it, if he doesn't soon I'll be telling F&G so no one gets hurt when 4 wheeling gets better.

B

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by sbiinc View Post
    saw some fresh sign friday from a grizz on a winter kill, right on the side of a trail. Passed the word to a young guy interested in hunting it, if he doesn't soon I'll be telling F&G so no one gets hurt when 4 wheeling gets better.

B
    Let me know where,I'll go take care of that bear right now!

That's what I'm talking about!! Will glady handle it.

It's colder here than it is there, and we have them all out and about!

Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.

No guns: no peace. No safety!

My hunting buddy told me that a fella on the job site over in Salcha had a Grizz at his palce last week. Scared the dickens out of his dogs.

Default winter kill

went out today and saw the winter kill again, griz was active this weekend and dug up some more of it... of course the young guy I passed the info to said there wasn't much fresh sign, so i passed the info to someone I know will hunt the carcass.

I'd hunt it myself but it's on military land so just been going out to see if I can get pics...

B

Any more updates?

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

yeah... new bear this morning...

the wife got up in a bad mood.....

sent the rest of them running........................
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

The first bear if this season rolled in the shop yesterday and it was a griz, just your average 6.5 ft'er but very nice... good luck all

Default no news

sorry ak ammo if the question was directed to me... sat out there for lunch the other day but didn't see anything again...

talked to bearhunter09 and he's actively hunting the site (good guy even if he doesn't read this... lol). so maybe he'll get the bear or at least give us an update.

B

SBIINC, I was out there last night for a couple hours, nothing came in. I took a look around and didn't see any new sign. I'll keep an eye on it, and let you know if I get lucky. Thanks for sharing what you found. Good luck to everybody.

I got my best stand set up tonight, going to check it on monday. If you bait in the interior, be prepared to have a hell of an ATV ride to your stand if you hunt any distance off the roads. The snow was still about a foot deep of slush, and this years snow melt has turn small creeks into 200 yard 2 foot deep rivers. After an hour long ride that usually takes about 30 minutes we finally got our stand set up. Not to mention having to ditch the meat wagon full of extra bait and tree stand repair wood in order to make it there. I'll let you all know if we have anything come in. I didn't see any bear sign on the way in or out, tons of moose in the area though.

Went out and about driving around with a buddy of mine yesterday ( took the top off the Jeep ) and spotted two black bears on a pole line so they are out and about....good luck to all this season

Has anyone seen anything lately?

We saw a Grizz cub out on Transmitter Road on Monday here on base. No sign on mama, but at least we saw something out and moving.

Saw a fat sow and two fat Grizz cubs by Chatanika at 20 yards yesterday. No matter how much I tried to make the lead cub grow another four feet and gain a few hundred pounds he would not. Awesome to see em that close though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast