Thread: dies ??

Yukon Canada

Default dies ??

I need a set of 338 federal dies, rcbs are about $30.00 the redding are almost $100 at the same store, are they that much better?

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

when i did all my price comparisons.. i found redding a little more expensive. I would have to guess the 100.00 set is the compition set..RCBS also has a comp. set, that is right up there...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default dies.....

I mostly use Redding Dies. I have used most of the other brands in the last 34 years with out any issues. I don't think any of the animals I shot knew the difference. Maybe Murphy or one of the other hard core ammo loaders will chime in.

Default Redding dies

Another vote for Redding dies for reloading rifles.

All the romance of trout fishing exists in the mind of the angler and is in no way shared by the fish.

Anchorage, Alaska

Default They all work just fine...

I have dies from Redding, Lee, Hornady and Dillon...but most of my dies are RCBS. The different dies vary a bit in design and presumably there is a bump-up in quality with the more expensive ones, but the important part for me is that they all work just fine. I do spend extra for carbide pistol dies because they make life so much easier. I have also spent extra for a competition seating die for one particular rifle caliber, and that was worth it as well. If I were in your shoes I'd buy the RCBS die and spend the savings on powder...can you believe how expensive it's getting?