Thread: *** Pot Puller Options? ***

Question *** Pot Puller Options? ***

well what is the right pot puller for my 22tf boat? Is anyone experienced with Ace Line Hauler? I would like to keep the price range in the 500 mark. Am I waisting my time with the Ace unit? Is there a better option out there?
    Thanks for what ever info you have to offer.....

Default ACE Puller

I have one and I like it a lot. When compared to the one I had on my previous boat (I don't remember the puller brand) it's much better built and stores up nice and small, which is great for my relatively small boat. It has no problem pulling a 2 pot string either. There are, no doubt, much more skookum units out there but for someone like me who gets to go shrimping 3 or 4 times a year it's great.

Dave

I've used the ace hauler for 6-7 years now. I pull 2,2,&1 pot. Its not as fast as the electro-dyne, but doesn't take up much room either. I had one bearing start to growl 2 years ago, talked with Ace, and they sent me a brand new motor-gearbox -for free- in 3 days. It was way out of warranty. And no arguments. Service is a big factor with anything. If I had a bigger boat I'd get the electro-dyne. I have a 22' so space is limited. Don't get the King puller, junk.

Default Safe-T-Hauler

More than your stated price range but it is awesome on my 22ft North River. I prefer the "Hauler" model over the "Puller" one. Mine easily pulls a 5 pot string.
    Fried two other brands before spending the money for this one and my only regret is I wish I got this first.

I had the Ace for a summer. It worked well but was slow. Had a good bit of power. Pulled my 17 footer down almost to the transom top when my pot got stuck. If I bought another one, I would go for something a bit faster.

Default ????????

Quote Originally Posted by e45colt View Post
    More than your stated price range but it is awesome on my 22ft North River. I prefer the "Hauler" model over the "Puller" one. Mine easily pulls a 5 pot string.
    Fried two other brands before spending the money for this one and my only regret is I wish I got this first.
    Thanks for all of the great 1st hand reviews guys! So how slow is the ACE? How long will it take to pull single pots set in the 400' mark?
    As for this Safe-T-Hauler, what do they go for?

Thanks again

Not sure on exact times but I could pull a pot up quicker with my hands so long as it wasn't too big or too full.

The safe-t-pullers I've seen run ~$1200.

Quote Originally Posted by powderhound View Post
    well what is the right pot puller for my 22tf boat? Is anyone experienced with Ace Line Hauler? I would like to keep the price range in the 500 mark. Am I waisting my time with the Ace unit? Is there a better option out there?
    Thanks for what ever info you have to offer.....
    the electra dyne is a bit more than what your lookong to spend but your only going to buy a electra dyne once. if you need more info please pm me.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

I pulled my two pot string by hand for a few years before getting my ACE. I can't say that it's going to set any speed records compared to other pullers, but it is faster than my old "armstrong" method. Plus, the ACE makes it a lot more pleasant to lift the pots. It's reasonably priced, does it's job as advertized, and stows away neatly. I give it a pretty good "bang-for-the-buck" rating.
    Quote Originally Posted by northwestalska
    ... you canít tell stories about the adventures you wished you had done!

the ace line hauler is a great puller. We've used one for about 6 years now. People say its not very fast, but you can only coil the line so fast. If it was any faster I would have trouble keeping my line in a nice coil.

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    the ace line hauler is a great puller. We've used one for about 6 years now. People say its not very fast, but you can only coil the line so fast. If it was any faster I would have trouble keeping my line in a nice coil.
    Why coil rope ??? Why have to pull on the rope your hauler is supposed to pull for you ?? With a electra dyne it will coil or flake into a barrel or tote all by itself.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692