Thread: 350 CSB Fuel Consumption Gauge?

Default 350 CSB Fuel Consumption Gauge?

After the first run of the year I got to wondering if there are any gauges I can hook up to the 350FI on my airboat that will show fuel consumption in GPH. I havn't put much thought into it or research and figured I would start here.

any thoughts or recommendations?

You can install a lowrance setup w/a paddle wheel sensor in the fuel line.
    The gauge is called a LMF 200 and they run around 200 bucks, the senor is an addtional $60?
    I am sure there are others available. The gauge has a lot of features, many that I will never use. I put one on my OB over the winter and still trying to decide if I like it or not. Its a fairly geeky piece of equipment, so it taxes my brain scrolling thru all the various menus trying to find the 2 things I want to use.
    The other thing is Lowrance is horrible to deal with IMO, if you call, can guarantee you will be on the phone at least a hour, most of it spent on hold. If you e-mail them it will be months before you get a reply and then they will ask repedately what is the question?
    Not much of an endorsment for lowrance, but a least its honest

Quote Originally Posted by Water_Gremlin View Post
    After the first run of the year I got to wondering if there are any gauges I can hook up to the 350FI on my airboat that will show fuel consumption in GPH. I havn't put much thought into it or research and figured I would start here.

any thoughts or recommendations?
    DUH, I didnt pick up on FI, so you have a return line..dont know if you can use that system I previously described.............?

Thanks for the input. Sorry to hear about the troubles with Lowrance.

I do have a return line.

I put a Floscan on my 496FI and so far no problems.

If all you want to know is gal/hr or miles/gal you can use your GPS and fill up your gas tank each time you use your boat and divide hr of travel time or miles travel into gas used. A good rule of thumb for a 350 airboat is 1.9/ 1.8 miles/gal, if you like speed 1.5/1.3 miles per gal.

If you want better fuel economy you can use your gps, tack and trim tabs if you have them to determine the fastest speed various rpm.

I use an Navman 5110, I can see speed, fuel eco., trip distance, fuel remaining, total distance, range, position, ect. on one screen; or switch to gps track and follow my track for the shortest way back home.

I put Floscan on my 8.1L with return line.
    When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"