Thread: Jetboil

Default Jetboil

Im doing the chilkoot with my girlfriend in 2007 and with my mom dad in 2008. any one use this thing/ looks like a good unit any reliablity issues?

I used one on our caribou hunt this year. I had no problems at all with it. Reliable start, heat water to a boil very quickly. I have heard a couple reports of a rivet coming lose but I personally have not had a problem. Fuel canisters are a problem if you are flying commercial and packing it in your bags.

been using the same one for three years as a guide, every hunt, every day, i love it. won't go back to any of those MSR stoves now.

Thumbs up

It is the best investment I have ever made .I really like the coffee press !!!!

RR
    Practice does not make perfect !!!!!
    Perfect Practice makes perfect !!!!!!!!!!

USS SARATOGA CV-60

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ex_2-1-1-1.gif

By the way, I bought my Jet Boil and fuel canisters over at Wiggy's Alaska (Old Seward and Dimond). $69 for the Jet Boil that comes with one canister, others are $4. That's the best price I've found. Even Cabela's was more and then shipping on top of that. He's got all the accessories like the coffee press, pot, etc.

I also own a Jetboil and bought it at Wiggy's, used it on our weeklong sheep hunt this past fall. I was the one that had a rivet break on the bottom holder portion of the pot. I was able to temp fix it until i could get back into town. When I told Marc Taylor what happened he promptly gave me a new pot and would inform the Jetboil people what had happened. The stove itself worked awesome and will boil water faster than anything I have ever seen. I will be using it on all my hunts next year. For me, good customer service is expected, the customer service I received from Marc was second to none and thats why he gets my business. In my opinion, you can't get any better than a Jetboil!

Smile thx

Good advice thanks. Im gonna go get one with an extra cup and the coffee press. will it accept fuel from other brand names besides jetboil? How many cans of fuel will I need for two people and about five days?

Two to three meals a day an prob two cups of coffee every morning.

Maybe two cups of coffee in the morning ????
    I need at least two cups to unfuse my eyelids !!!!!!
    Fuel goes quite away's and you can use different name brand canisters .

RR
    Practice does not make perfect !!!!!
    Perfect Practice makes perfect !!!!!!!!!!

USS SARATOGA CV-60

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ex_2-1-1-1.gif

I've had the lighter break on me, the ceramic sheathing cracked somehow and it wouldn't light the stove. Not a big deal. I got a Jetboil repair kit ($9 at Sportsman's) and was able to replace the lighter without tools! Pretty cool stove!