Thread: Alaska Adventures Taxidermy

Default Alaska Adventures Taxidermy

Any one familiar with this business? Who does good work on Dall rams in the Anchorage area? Feel free to pm if you want. Ken

Default hee hee

hehehehe....

must........restrain.........

Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.

No guns: no peace. No safety!

If you got time and money go with Joe romero,he is outstanding......

Default Sheep mount

I also vote for Joe Romero. He did a 39 1/2 Brooks Sheep for me in 1979 and still looks great.

Romero is the best in Anchorage (some would say anywhere) for sheep. Ain't cheap though, but if you have a serious ram then I would take him to Joe.

Smile

Quite a following for Mr. Romero.. I'll look into it. Thanks, Ken

Default Taxidermy

Russ Knight has done all of my mounts, and they all look terrific! Check him out- Knight's Taxidermy.

Default Do you mean Adventures Alaska Taxidermy?

Quote Originally Posted by Chisana View Post
    Romero is the best in Anchorage (some would say anywhere) for sheep. Ain't cheap though, but if you have a serious ram then I would take him to Joe.
    I would have to agree, Mr. Romero is a top notch taxidermist and his work is outstanding.

There are some sheep pics on our site if you are interested.

Yes i meant Advenures Alaska Taxidermy, Sorry for the mixup..

Shawn, we have talked on the phone recently, After our conversation you appeared to run a good sincere business. You have my interest up.
    Would you care to give a review of yourself(insert humor).... Ken

My vote is for Knight's taxidermy as well

Default Feel free to stop by and see....

What we believe a taxidermy shop/studio should be. Ultra clean, 50+ wildlife displays, friendly service, and attention to detail. However, our biggest selling point is our quick turnarounds of 120 days. Ask yourself how long do you really want to wait for your trophy to be on your wall?

Default Service

I would like to thank you and Shawn for everything yesterday when I dropped off my bear. It is nice to be treated as a person, in a friendly manner instead of just another number. Looking foward to working with you both on the final product.

(More to come in the need future)

Quote Originally Posted by aktrouttamer View Post
    What we believe a taxidermy shop/studio should be. Ultra clean, 50+ wildlife displays, friendly service, and attention to detail. However, our biggest selling point is our quick turnarounds of 120 days. Ask yourself how long do you really want to wait for your trophy to be on your wall?

Quote Originally Posted by AkGrumpy View Post
    I would like to thank you and Shawn for everything yesterday when I dropped off my bear. It is nice to be treated as a person, in a friendly manner instead of just another number. Looking foward to working with you both on the final product.

(More to come in the need future)
    When did you find time to get a bear Jim?
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

Default Little Brown

I got her Saterday night out by the cabin. She is not a big bear nor is she breeding any more moose killers. Also with the number of very little kids we have at the cabin, I really don't need a bounch of brownies. I know of at least 3 more Sows with cubs out there.

Quote Originally Posted by jkb View Post
    When did you find time to get a bear Jim?

Waiting to see how my blackie turns out so I can also write a review of Shawns work. He has my 6'2 first black bear that is being done as well as a skull being treated. Cant wait to start my man cave collection.

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

Resurrecting an OLDIE!

What ever happened with the blackie and review? I took my caribou antlers to Adventures Alaska Taxidermy on September 16, 2012 but have not been able to get them back. Very upset. My First and biggest caribou (a bigboy kenai mountain bou nonetheless!!! And one hell of hike!). When I took them there, guy seemed alright and stated a 4 month turnaround for a simple plaque mount with a brass plate...

Well I called 6 months later, he was on vacation in Hawaii and said he'd get back to me upon his return. That never happened and there's no antlers on my wall or in my possession. Any advice on how to get my antlers back? Or my deposit?

Sickening

Keep greasing the squeaky wheel... Starting with a certified letter to him that you will be expecting to hear from him or legal action will be taken. Good luck
    Taxidermy IS art!
    www.alaskawildliferugs.com
    Your mount is more than a trophy, it's a memory. Relive The Memory!

Good luck, I took a black bear hide to be rugged out back in June 2012 and he has yet to even offer a timeline on it. Told me for months that it was close then the day comes to pick it up, over a year late, and magically it was another rug he had it confused with. So mine is lost and he will never answer a call. The only way I could talk with him is to show up at his house around dinner time and knock on the door. I know he is still working because there's always new stuff in his shop, he just likes to do other things with it than return it to paying customers. I believe there was an article in the paper a few years ago about him selling off trophies and I've heard from a few other military guys that he bragged about selling a brown bear for a good chunk of change.

Quote Originally Posted by JuliW View Post
    Keep greasing the squeaky wheel... Starting with a certified letter to him that you will be expecting to hear from him or legal action will be taken. Good luck
    He is no stranger to the legal action. All I will say to the owner of the bou, is good luck getting your bou or anything else back.

Heard rumors that he was getting out of the business and had bought or was buying a lodge in Port Alsworth............
    2000 Bayliner Ciera Express 2452
    5.0 Mercruiser Alpha 1