Thread: DU Banquet

Default DU Banquet

The DU vs. Delta thread got me wondering, will any of you be at the Anchorage banquet tonight?

Default Yes

I went and came home empty handed but had a full belly
    jake

Default Not again!

I went and left before dinner! I left because they (DU staff) decided to add another 4 people per table. These tables seat 8 and they stuffed 12 into them.

Bull chit!!!!!! You pay $80 for a seat and they pick the cheapest dinner and made it buffet style. The SCI event (same place) they picked the most expensive meal and the dinner cost was $75.

I did like the idea of the head & tail raffle for the truck. I am sure that was fun. They did have a lot of helpers which is a big plus.

I attend 6 to 12 of these fundraising events a year and spend $5000 or more combined. Last night will be the last Anchorage DU fundraiser I attend!

Troy Vincent

Could someone please tell me what the live auction knife went for? I was going to stick around for it, but decided to go eat at Humpy’s instead.

I'm pretty sure it went for $500.

Talking

I went and had a great time. I also won a sweet 44 Mag!

The center stated the tables were designed for 12. The DU wanted 10 per table and it was planned that way. Unfortunately, some of the tables did have 12. Its something to learn from. A lot of good things were raffled and auctioned off. The head and tail was a lot of fun, and I too came home empty handed.

I want to say that the knife went for more than that, but I'm not sure of the price.