Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Sitka Stormfront

  1. #1

    Default Sitka Stormfront

    I just noticed that Cabelas has the new Sitka Stormfront jacket and pants on their website in the new optifade camo. The jacket is going for $350 and pants $250. It will be interesting to see how these compare to the Nimbus!

  2. #2
    Member B-radford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    653

    Default

    It looks almost identical to the Nimbus, I really like that new camo patter. Optifade looks like it would work really well on the Tundra. Still a little to expensive for my blood though.

  3. #3

    Default June?

    Just noticed they are only taking pre-orders and they likely won't have them in until June?

  4. #4

    Default Sitka Gear

    That is correct, Sitka is only taking preorders and will be shipped in June..

    The new Pattern is is great, cant wait to try it out....

    James

  5. #5
    Member BRWNBR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Big Lake
    Posts
    8,464

    Default

    stormfront is more plasticy feeling than the nimbus and alot noiserier i think. seems like it should be waterproof though, we'll see how tough it is. i got a screamin' deal on a new set from sitka that i'm not allowed to talk about..hehehe
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

  6. #6
    Member B-radford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    stormfront is more plasticy feeling than the nimbus and alot noiserier i think. seems like it should be waterproof though, we'll see how tough it is. i got a screamin' deal on a new set from sitka that i'm not allowed to talk about..hehehe
    Doesnt sound to good for bowhunting.

  7. #7

    Default New sitka Gear

    Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    stormfront is more plasticy feeling than the nimbus and alot noiserier i think. seems like it should be waterproof though, we'll see how tough it is. i got a screamin' deal on a new set from sitka that i'm not allowed to talk about..hehehe

    BRWNBR,

    That is why I laugh when people complain about prices on how much this stuff is!!! Is it really that expensive?? The stuff Im ordering is pretty affordable..

    Cant wait to try new Rainsuit and gear!!

    out

  8. #8
    Member kahahawai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    2,443

    Default Sitka special price

    Sitka has a deal with all the outfitters and guides, and sells their products to them for a good deal, in turn they get feedback from the guides on how well this stuff works, thats how he gets a good deal. as for us regular hunters, we gotta pay the regular price unless we wait about a year for closeout specials, but then we risk the chance of them not having the right size.

  9. #9

    Default

    Check out the science behind the Sitka/Gore new camo pattern. It's VERY interesting. Make sure to watch all three videos. I think you'll find it interesting at the very least. I'm putting in my order for quite a bit of the new gear and will be testing it out this season.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi99I...layer_embedded
    Marc Theiler

  10. #10
    Member B-radford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bohntr21 View Post
    Is it really that expensive??
    $350 + $250 = $600 for a hunting jacket and pants, thats steep in my book. I am way into snowboarding and snowmachining and want to get some sitka gear because it reminds me of the Burton AK line. I am going to hold out for the end of year clearence or for camofire to get some in.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by B-radford View Post
    $350 + $250 = $600 for a hunting jacket and pants, thats steep in my book. I am way into snowboarding and snowmachining and want to get some sitka gear because it reminds me of the Burton AK line. I am going to hold out for the end of year clearence or for camofire to get some in.
    B-radrod. I snowboard quite a bit as well and use my sitka gear while snowboarding all the time because it works so well. I know it's expensive and if I wasn't on the guide program my purchases would be limited, but it's top notch gear. These guys are working as hard as anyone in the industry to provide a quality product. They truly listen to feedback and in my opinion are the tops in the industry.
    Marc Theiler

  12. #12
    Member B-radford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theilercabin View Post
    B-radrod. I snowboard quite a bit as well and use my sitka gear while snowboarding all the time because it works so well. I know it's expensive and if I wasn't on the guide program my purchases would be limited, but it's top notch gear. These guys are working as hard as anyone in the industry to provide a quality product. They truly listen to feedback and in my opinion are the tops in the industry.
    I hear you on that, its kinda like me gettin pro-forms from snowboard companies because i know most of the Snowboard shop owners here in Anchorage. If i didnt get them, i promise you I wouldnt be wearing all new gear and riding brand new snowboards every winter. I'm not hating on sitka, I know it works because the two guys who started it worked for Arcterx and the gear looks really good for bow hunting. All I am saying is that the only way I will get any sitka stuff is when i can get a deal on it, like on Camofire or year end Clearence sales on Cabelas or eBay.

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by B-radford View Post
    I hear you on that, its kinda like me gettin pro-forms from snowboard companies because i know most of the Snowboard shop owners here in Anchorage. If i didnt get them, i promise you I wouldnt be wearing all the Burton AK stuff and riding new gear every year. I'm not hating on sitka, I know it works because the two guys who started it worked for Arcterx and the gear looks really good for bow hunting. All I am saying is that the only way I will get any sitka stuff is when i can get a deal on it, like on Camofire or year end Clearence sales on Cabelas or eBay.
    Yeah, no doubt, completely understand. I would be the same way. I would like to get sponsored by LibTech, only one problem I am only a mediocre snowboarder and have become a pu$$ie in my "old" age. I would of loved to grown up snowboarding up here like some folks. I just started four years ago, and love it. Behind hunting and fishing, it's my most favorite thing to do.
    Marc Theiler

  14. #14
    Member B-radford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theilercabin View Post
    Yeah, no doubt, completely understand. I would be the same way. I would like to get sponsored by LibTech, only one problem I am only a mediocre snowboarder and have become a pu$$ie in my "old" age. I would of loved to grown up snowboarding up here like some folks. I just started four years ago, and love it. Behind hunting and fishing, it's my most favorite thing to do.
    15+ years snowboarding in AK. I use to get killer deals on libs, but after snapping 3 in one season i have moved on to more stable boards. Keep shreddin bro!!!!

  15. #15
    Member BrettAKSCI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    1,624

    Default

    PS. Barney's has the new 2009 Sitka gear in the Optifade patern. They only have demos. None for sale yet. They are getting most of it in June and the rest in July for sale. If you want to look at it and see what you think it's there now. All the 2009 gear Barney's is carrying will be in Optifade. If you plan on buying I would put money down asap because the call list is growing for first dibs when it gets in. Just a heads up.

    Brett

  16. #16
    Moderator LuJon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Palmer, AK
    Posts
    11,415

    Default

    I guess they must have done some upgrades if Bob is still carrying the product. I am still bitter about my 07 mountain pants and jacket "exploding" on me. I like to hunt, not sit on a mountain side and sew up blown our seams. If they want to sell me more gear they need to advertise a new (insert marketing term here) reinforced crotch stitching... They do have a good warranty, though they did send me the wrong size pants back (i sent them 2X they sent me 3X) so I will be returning it AGAIN.

  17. #17
    Member Matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    3,410

    Default

    Best hunting gear I ever wore, bar none. I ripped my pants out riding my wheeler one day and decided to see what their warranty service was like and how much it would cost me to fix them or replace them. Instead, they called me to confirm my address, and to let me know I got a new pair of pants on the way, free of charge.

    Does customer service get any better than that? On top of all of that, I got the '08 model pants and mine were the original pair from '07.

  18. #18
    Member BrettAKSCI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    1,624

    Default

    LuJon,

    You aren't the first person I've had tell me that for sure. Along about the time their company exploded, so did the seams on their clothing. They HAD some quality control issues. Call them "growing pains". They've since got it under control. Quality is back with even better fabrics and the seams are much better. The new optifade is amazing stuff. It absolutely obliterates your outline. It will be interesting to hear the testimonials this fall.

    Brett

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    butler,pa
    Posts
    62

    Question sitka ???

    is this new gear like the "90% pants" or is it rain gear?

  20. #20
    Member BrettAKSCI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    1,624

    Default

    Stormfront is their rain gear.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •