Thread: Porting a Marlin guide gun?

Default Porting a Marlin guide gun?

Do any of you guys know of any companies that would port a 45/70 guide gun without damaging the front sight? any info would be appreciated

Magnaport in Harrison Township, MI.

I think Steve at Alaska Custom Firearms or Wild West Guns, both of whom have banner adds on top of this forum could do it.
    I love my ported Guide Gun in 450 Marlin.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

i have a svage 338 with open sites i had arctic gun works in Fairbanks port... did great job on it.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default Magnaport

Magnaport would be a good one for the 1895 Marlin. It would eliminate some of the muzzle jump and reduce some of the felt recoil. Some of those ports really increase muzzle blast. So don't suffer hearing loss for less recoil.

I'd trust Steve (mentioned above) or Stan Jackson locally; either one does real good work.

If you are gonna ship it down south - Magnaport is the way to go.

Nate

Since it looks like you are down in Colorado, give Rich Wyatt a call over at Gunsmoke in Wheat Ridge. We have ported thousands of Marlins, but since shipping up and back is $70 or so, unless you are doing other marlin mods, it makes sense to try to do it locally.