Thread: 20 mile river-fyi

Default 20 mile river-fyi

DROVE BY LAST NIGHT NO OPEN WATER, ? WET AREAS AND ?OVER FLOW.
    DOES NOT LOOK LIKE IT WILL BE LONG THOUGH.
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

Thanks for the update. I can't wait to run 20 mile, but many of the hooligans dipnetting at the bridge are a PITA!

I will be driving by again on Tuesday so i will give another update.
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

I bet they just love the air boat..Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Water_Gremlin View Post
    Thanks for the update. I can't wait to run 20 mile, but many of the hooligans dipnetting at the bridge are a PITA!

I make it a point to idle to the bank, and keep my distance. My beef with the dipnetters is the constant blockage of the beach. NO ONE WILL MOVE. On top of that people parking their vehicles are ALWAYS blocking the access to the boat launch. This is not a matter of what boat I run, it's a matter of common courtesy by the people parking in the lot and standing on the beach.

Yesterday ice was gone. In the am @ high tide
    pm - , low tide - line of ice stuck to mud blocking launching in parts of beach. Looked like a set of tracks a little further down beach like some one had been out in there boat.

Placier river sitll ice chocked

Quote Originally Posted by Water_Gremlin View Post
    I make it a point to idle to the bank, and keep my distance. My beef with the dipnetters is the constant blockage of the beach. NO ONE WILL MOVE. On top of that people parking their vehicles are ALWAYS blocking the access to the boat launch. This is not a matter of what boat I run, it's a matter of common courtesy by the people parking in the lot and standing on the beach.
    You're probably glad when the hooligan are gone!