Thread: Resurrection Bay Kings

Default Resurrection Bay Kings

Whats the secret to spring kings in Resurrection Bay? Down rigger depts, bait, tides, areas they hang out....I'm looking for any hints if you got them.

Talking Crickets Chirping

Quote Originally Posted by 06sportsman22 View Post
    Whats the secret to spring kings in Resurrection Bay? Down rigger depts, bait, tides, areas they hang out....I'm looking for any hints if you got them.
    Either nobody knows, or nobody shares. I guess this is why it's a secret.
    We never really grow up, we only learn
    how to act in public

Default Seward Kings

I've caught them at Calista Pt, Pony Cove and the east side of Fox Island from 20-50'. I wish I would take more time to fish there , but Homer is a little easier all winter. Was planning on this weekend but will wait for road and weather.

Default good place to start

Quote Originally Posted by tomfishhunter View Post
    I've caught them at Calista Pt, Pony Cove and the east side of Fox Island from 20-50'. I wish I would take more time to fish there , but Homer is a little easier all winter. Was planning on this weekend but will wait for road and weather.
    thanks for the info. I'll start with fox and move over to west side. what depth do you follow i heard 100-120 ft?

The spot memtioned catch fish as do the little indentations along Cape Ressurection on both the Day Harbor side and Ressurection side. But a spot I often stop when heading out is I the south west side of Caine's Head- depends on the day.....Troll with a green flasher and cut herring (or whole) and you will probably get into a couple there. From my experiences, it seems the key to king salmon fishing is to fish the tides along with looking for structure. In looking for structure, pretend you are trout fishing a lake. When they start to come up the bay to spawn the fishing can be pretty good at times with fairly easy limits. It also can be very slow.