Thread: Nikon Monarch on a 300 win mag

Default Nikon Monarch on a 300 win mag

Does anyone have experience putting the Nikon Monarch on a magnum rifle? Can it take the punishment or do I need a better scope? I know there are better scopes but budget is a factor.

I had one on a lightweight 300 Win for years. Held up through sheep, bear, moose caribou and elk hunts to Colorado with no problems. Top line scope that you can't go wrong with. I ended up swapping it out with a Weaver Grand Slam which stayed on there until I got rid of the rifle and performed as admirably. Both are very nice scopes that never lost zero. Put it on and enjoy years of fine shooting.

Thanks Moses,

I'll probably go that route...

You're welcome. Good choice.

hey man i shoot a ruger m77 hawkeye in 300 win mag, and my scope is a nikon monarch 3-12 bdc reticle....this setup is deadly....ive put about 200 rounds thru it, and can hit a copenhagen can and other small objects at 300 yards....i am very confident with the nikon scope

Default nikon monarch 3x9

second that, have a 3x9 on my 300 wbm. and it is a killer of all things

also....since i was so satisfied with the scope, i also bought a nikon monarch 800 rangefinder...it is as accurate as my buddies $1200 leica rangefinder and a quarter of the price...next i think ill go ahead and pick up the nikon monarch binos.....

Thanks all,

I'm pretty much sold on the idea. Thanks for the positive review.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt&FishAK View Post
    next i think ill go ahead and pick up the nikon monarch binos.....
    Do it. I use the Monarch 10x42 binocs and love them. For ~$250, you can't go wrong. The quality is darn near as good as the $1,000 brands. I haven't put a Monarch scope on any of my rifles yet, but I've got a 7mag ready to be mounted that I think I'll do just that to.

Default Yep

I currently have a Nikon Monarch mounted on my Model 70 and its a great scope. It has taken a fair amount of abuse and is still holding up. Just don't forget the loctite!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Do it. I use the Monarch 10x42 binocs and love them. For ~$250, you can't go wrong. The quality is darn near as good as the $1,000 brands. I haven't put a Monarch scope on any of my rifles yet, but I've got a 7mag ready to be mounted that I think I'll do just that to.
    +1 on the monarch 10X42 binos. That is what I use and I am very satisfied with them.
    It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/

Even though it's kind of a dead thread, I also have one on my Tikka T3 Lite 338. Takes the beating that a light weight hard recoiling rifle delivers and maintains zero.

Default Nikon Monarch

I have used one of these since 1994 on a 300 Win Mag. A bolt w/Leupold rings and a 1 piece base. It has actually been stepped on by my horse when I had him tied to a tree and was busy caping an elk. My dad has had one on his 338 Win Mag A bolt for years. Dad also has one on his 270 Weatherby. I replaced the Monarch with a Nikon Team Primos ( SWFA.com) and killed my WY ram with it. I have now bought a Browning X bolt 338 Win Mag and put another Team Primos on it. I really like the team primos but believe any of these nikon scopes will stand up to a magnum and do it with style.

Have one on my son's .22/250 and it is dead accurate. Will be looking to put one on my .300WM if I can this summer. Love the Monarch 10x42 ATB's, best optics for the money and followed closely by Bushnell.
    The emphasis is on accuracy, not power!

Default Love them

I put a 4X12 monarch on my Savage 338 WM after my leupold 3 X 9 would not hold a zero anymore. The rifle and scope has slid down mountains, been lost in creeks twice and I have never had one problem with it. Last year I put it on my 7MM and put a 3 X 9 on my 338 WM. Best scope for the money if you ask me.

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Retired2017 View Post
    Does anyone have experience putting the Nikon Monarch on a magnum rifle? Can it take the punishment or do I need a better scope? I know there are better scopes but budget is a factor.
    I have a Nikon on a 300 win mag, it works great. I have a Burris and know of other Burris scopes that are on 7mm RUM and 300 RUM and they have lasted a lot of rounds. I would go with either scope again and have been satisfied with both. Both have great warranties as well.

Saw some posts on the Nikon binos and I have a set of the Nikon Monarch binos but have not been happy with them, picked up a set of Kahles from www.thesamplelist.com for a little more $ and they were worth it. Would not recommend the Monarch bino's but have been very satisfied with the scope. Just my .02 cents.