Thread: cyborg?

Charterboat Operator kodiakcombo's Avatar

Default cyborg?

My Seasport has had an all aluminum deck for several years now, but not without the rhino lining. We striped it all off and are going with nonskid tape, I guess we need 50+ before we apply the tape, it got up to 44 today. The hatch has tape from about year ago.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Providing trips for multilpe species for over 20 yrs
    www.kodiakcombos.com

Default Just ordered tape today!

I painted the inside gunnel of my Sea Sport and needed something to protect it a bit more, so I ordered some tread tape. The white and clear is light-duty tread, meaning it's not the black sand paper kind, more of a barefoot friendly texture. I screwed up maybe to my benefit and accidently ordered clear. Never heard of clear, meant to order white, but it might just be a better look, I'll know when it gets here. The light duty texture is extremely expensive, $70 for a four inch wide roll was the cheapest I found anywhere!
    I wanted something to hide my amatuer paint job and protect the interior gunnel from halibut weights banging against it chipping the edge.

Question Aluminum deck?

Hey, that looks interesting, why the aluminum deck? Weight? Durable? What Sea Sport is that?

Default all aluminum

I had punchure into gelcoat/fiberglass issues and learned that all aluminum decks/hardware fixed eveything. But coating in Rhino lining is heavy. Although I usede them for several year, now i'm going to use tape.
    www.kodiakcombos.com

Default aluminum seasport

Quote Originally Posted by Myers View Post
    I painted the inside gunnel of my Sea Sport and needed something to protect it a bit more, so I ordered some tread tape. The white and clear is light-duty tread, meaning it's not the black sand paper kind, more of a barefoot friendly texture. I screwed up maybe to my benefit and accidently ordered clear. Never heard of clear, meant to order white, but it might just be a better look, I'll know when it gets here. The light duty texture is extremely expensive, $70 for a four inch wide roll was the cheapest I found anywhere!
    I wanted something to hide my amatuer paint job and protect the interior gunnel from halibut weights banging against it chipping the edge.
    Good idea! for the areas on your boat where people rub or wear, you probably want something like tape verses aluminum. Aluminum would leave a stain on rain gear. Let me know how it works/looks
    www.kodiakcombos.com