Thread: Seward Brownies

Default Seward Brownies

My mother drew a DB301 tag which covers a good portion of unit 7. Has anyone seen any bears out and about? We are going no matter what tomorrow but I would like to head in a direction where they have been seen moving around. Thanks for any and all help.

I realize its not exactly the same area, but I was down at Cooper Lake yesterday and saw a couple brown bears. However I was down there for black bears so didn't do me much good. But atleast you know they are out and about I hope that helps. Good luck on your hunt.

Had an 7'-10" to 8' Brown in the back yard yesterday. He was last seen at Mile post 7.9 Hope Road, I just went down to the beach to Photo him but could not find him or her.

Default Thanks

Thanks for the info, I was planning on going in on the russian lake trail and then taking the resurrection river trail deeper in where the tag is legal. The southeastern tip of cooper lake is at the edge of the hunt area but at least I know they're out moving around in the area. Thanks again.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=53212

dont forget the road closure Brian posted...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here