Thread: Brown/Black bear hunting Vern Humble

Default Brown/Black bear hunting Vern Humble

My brother and I are planning a trip with Vern Humble of Alaska Trophy Hunting for Brown/Black Bear and Moose. We will be hunting in the fall in unit 6A. Does anyone have any info on Vern or the quality of animals in unit 6A. Thanks in advance.

Default so am i

I too am going with Vern. That is the reason I looked into this.

Without in anyway suggesting an "evaluation" of the guiding operation being inquired about, if the commitment has already been made, why is the information be sought AFTER the booking instead of BEFORE?
    Joe (
    Ak)

i checked Vern's references beforehand, i am looking for info from people that might have hunted in or around same area.

Actually I am looking to join my brother do to a cancellation. But before I commit I wanted to do my research. I have not been able to find much info.

Brown bear can be tough there. Lots of black bear and good moose when they migrate into the area,

At least for brown bear any guide should be able to provide information as to the skull sizes, ages, sex, days hunted.
    Go back at least five and preferably ten years. Keep sexes separated for skull sizes and ages. Unless the sample size is ten or twelve skull/days hunted averages won't mean much. High percentages of sows and small bears "all over the place" as far as days hunted may indicate lack of experience or concern about animals being produce.
    However, it is important the client decide what it is they are looking for in the hunt and that certainly can be more than just the animal(s) harvested.
    Good Luck!
    Joe (Ak)

Quote Originally Posted by ryanwolf View Post
    Actually I am looking to join my brother do to a cancellation. But before I commit I wanted to do my research. I have not been able to find much info.

Thanks for the info.