Thread: Marmot Precip Rain Gear

Default Marmot Precip Rain Gear

I am looking to purchase some new rain gear for sheep hunting. Any thoughts or opinions on Marmot Precip?
    Thanks,
    Jim

Thumbs up I've got some

Jim, you are welcome to stop by and take a look at mine sometime if you'd like. If you find a deal on pants, please let me know.

Thanks!

i have the full length zipper precip pants and love them. would recommend them. i have an oracle jacket (a fancier version of the precip) and it works great.

Josh,
    I think I will take you up on that offer. It's always nice to check out the real deal before you buy. I booked my goat hunt flight this week with Jose. $500.00 roundtrip. The area is thick with goats and the devil's club and alders are virtually nonexistent! HaHa

Smile funny joke Jim!

Quote Originally Posted by Skilak Jim View Post
    Josh,
    I think I will take you up on that offer. It's always nice to check out the real deal before you buy. I booked my goat hunt flight this week with Jose. $500.00 roundtrip. The area is thick with goats and the devil's club and alders are virtually nonexistent! HaHa
    Nonexistent...ha! Does that $500 come with free bushwhacking?
    What size plane are you going in there with? I guess that's a no-go on the float out? I don't know if he will be of much help to your area, but Curt is going to be here this weekend if you want to try to ring some info out of him; he hunted my area last year. Otherwise, maybe we can plan a scouting trip???
    We'll talk later. PM me if you want to stop by this weekend and we'll get together.

Unless the Precip has changed since 5 years ago, I wouldn't recommend 'em. They had too many zips (pockets, hood) that would let water soak in, and they're not very lightweight compared to other brands. Frogg Toggs are good if you're not going through any brush. I've been happiest with Cabela's "ultrapack" gear; not really tough, but tough enough to last a few seasons with only a few tiny rips.
    Tsimshian tribe, wolf clan, the house of Walsk.

Default Precip Jacket $70, pants $75 - REI Outlet

Marmot Precip Rain Jacket - Men's - '08 Closeout

Item # 785835
    $69.93
    REDUCED PRICE

Marmot Precip Rain Pants - Men's

Item # 740036
    $75.00

Default REI-sale May 1-10-Precip Jacket or Pants

Marmot PreCip Jacket or Full-Zip Rain Pants - Men's

Item # 738907
    $64.99
    REDUCED PRICEYou Save 27%

-With in-store pickup, shipping is free.

Default Precip.

Fabulous product. I've used Precip raingear on many sheep hunts and others including goats on Kodiak.

Best for its weight in my opinion.