Thread: Accomodations ON the Kenai

Default Accomodations ON the Kenai

I've checked a bunch of websites, pretty thoroughly, but can't quite come up with exactly what I want. Maybe someone here has the ticket. I've got older in-laws coming up in July. We have a fly-out on July 31 with Talon Air. I'd like to get them down onto the Kenai, preferably at a home/lodge/etc. that has private water to fish some reds. There will be 8 total (one is 4 yrs. old) and I'd like to fit in one or two units. We're looking at two nights at least, July 30-31. We've found some places for as low as $300 a night that aren't on the river; others on the river and low-priced but no running water; and some that are just out of our league. My in-laws are all in their 70's and I'm hoping to not have to combat fish with them. If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears. And, yes, I know I'm talking about July on the Kenai, but maybe with the slow down in tourism....

Thanks!
    Nick
    "The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent in fishing" Assyrian Tablet 2000 B.C.

Nick.

Try, Tye at tje below address or 907-252-5464

swifter@alaska.net

I live in Alaska at my home and use Tye for
    my older relatives. He has three Cabins and
    will help you with fishing.

Absoutely tell him Walt Ashton sent you.

Walt

Nick,

Try
    Tye at the below address or 907-252-5464

swifter@alaska.net

I live in Alaska at my home and use Tye for
    my older relatives. He has three Cabins and
    will help you with fishing.

Absolutely tell him Walt Ashton sent you.

Walt

Thanks, Walt. I'll give him a holler.
    "The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent in fishing" Assyrian Tablet 2000 B.C.

No go with Tye....anyone else have a suggestion?

It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/

On the water?

Bank access to sockeye?

Try Kenai Riverbend Resort. They've got waterfront cabins and good sockeye water.

Generally have to book a week or more at a time rolled into packaged charters, but with this bad economy, they might just have some openings for a partial week.

Here's another idea.

PM yukon to see if the waterfront lodge he guides from has any short openings as well.
    "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
    http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/uploads/UP12710.jpg
    The KeenEye MD

Default Another good place.

Nick,

Val at

val@earlyfishing.com

She has a lodge near the Soldotna bridge and you can fish the river from either side, at the lodge or at the trailer park.

Walt

Quote Originally Posted by fishNphysician View Post
    but with this bad economy, they might just have some openings for a partial week.

That's what I'm hoping for....I'll give Yukon, Val, and Redfish a shout...nothing ventured, nothing gained...

Default call Tony

alaska-cabins.com

907-252-3692
    ask for Tony or Lesa.

The cabins are kept well. They have everything you need. Tony has a large, cold, huge freezer and a state of the art vac packer he will show you how to
    use. (he cant do it for you, he's not a butcher).
    They are very attentive and friendly. My wife and I and 2 teens stayed in 1 cabin last year. We will use them again!
    They are a couple of miles north of town, not next to the river, but they are on a lake.

Whatever you do, I hope you have a great time!