Thread: Where to buy a liscence and tag that is open late?

Default Where to buy a liscence and tag that is open late?

I'm going to be in Anchorage this weekend and was planning on getting a little scouting in. I figure while I'm up there, I might as well pick up a black bear tag, just in case I see anything I like. The only problem is that my flight lands at 7:45pm and I don't have a tag yet. I know Sportsman's warehouse closes at 8pm. Anyone know of any place I can get a tag that is open later, say 9 or 10pm. We were planning on driving strait down to the Kenai as soon as we got there rather than waiting till the next morning.

I don't suppose there is anywhere in Cooper Landing or Hope where we could get a tag in the morning? I'm mainly planning on scouting, but thought I should get a tag just in case.

Fred Meyer and Wal Mart both sell hunting licenses and will be open late. I don't know if they carry the tags, but I'd give them a try.

Thanks, Fred Meyer has liscences, but no tags. I checked Wal Mart, they can sell tags till 9pm which might work if we rush. They didn't know if Wal Mart was the only place that could sell tags till 9pm or if that was a statewide thing. With a 7:45 arrival, it will be kind of tight to get there at 9 but we might be able to make it work.

Anyone know of any place that will sell you a tag till 10pm?

Quote Originally Posted by WIsam View Post
    Thanks, Fred Meyer has liscences, but no tags. I checked Wal Mart, they can sell tags till 9pm which might work if we rush. They didn't know if Wal Mart was the only place that could sell tags till 9pm or if that was a statewide thing. With a 7:45 arrival, it will be kind of tight to get there at 9 but we might be able to make it work.

Anyone know of any place that will sell you a tag till 10pm?
    Are you sure about Fred Meyer not having tags? There are several Fred Meyer locations in Anchorage and I would check with more than one of them. We have picked up tags from them in the past, but during busy times in the fall we have had to hit more than one store to find one that had tags in stock.

I get my grizzly tag from Fred Meyers in Wasilla every year...you'd think other stores would have them.

How much snow is still in Hope/Cooper Landing? We're down to two feet of slop that is nearly impossible to snow shoe through.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

I'll have to check some other locations. Maybe that particular one was sold out.

All Carrs / Safeway Grocery Stores sell licenses and tags until 10:30pm.

Carrs Northern Lights is your closest one to the airport, but there are other locations around town. Carrs Norther Lights 907-339-0500. Abbott & E. 88th 907-339-2800.

Taylor