Thread: Trying to find stipped bolt assmbly for Rem 514

Default Trying to find stipped bolt assmbly for Rem 514

Hello,
    The bolt handle broke off my little Remington 514 .22 rifle. I was hoping someone could point me toward a stipped or complete bolt assembly. I've tried what I can think of and getting a hold of obselete parts is no fun. Any ideas would be appreciated.

AKF

Default bolt fix

I'd probably take it to a welder.
    Can't imagine that part gets too much stress in a 22.

I don't have the handle, long story. Need to replace assembly. Thanks for the reply.

They will have it at Numrich Gun Parts, if it's not on the web call as not everything is online.
    http://www.gunpartscorp.com/
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

I know what your working with there...... I have a 514 and a 512 and the bolt handles are not the best or most rugged design going.....

If GPC doesnt have what you need, you migh consider just ordering a bolt knob from Brownell's, Midway USA or even GPS and modify it to fit and then either silver solder it on, or weld it on. While you are shopping around for 514 parts, pick up some spare ejector plunger thingy's as those are also prone to breakage.
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio