Thread: ajr 430

Default ajr 430

Hi everyone, This is my first post on this forum. I ordered an ajr 430 from Jim King and will be getting it in early May. After a lot of research and reading others' posts on this forum, it will hopefully be exactly what I'm looking for - a portable craft for getting up small water to flyfish. Also just purchased a Yamaha 25 2 stroke and a jet in which I'll put on as well as some Sawyer oars. Pretty excited. Thanks to all who have posted info on the ajr's. Also thanks to Jim King for all the calls and times I've bugged him. I'll post some pics when I get it all together.

Got pic of you new toy. Have no clue what it is! thanksmike

Quote Originally Posted by wkelsch View Post
    Hi everyone, This is my first post on this forum. I ordered an ajr 430 from Jim King and will be getting it in early May. After a lot of research and reading others' posts on this forum, it will hopefully be exactly what I'm looking for - a portable craft for getting up small water to flyfish. Also just purchased a Yamaha 25 2 stroke and a jet in which I'll put on as well as some Sawyer oars. Pretty excited. Thanks to all who have posted info on the ajr's. Also thanks to Jim King for all the calls and times I've bugged him. I'll post some pics when I get it all together.

Default Alaska Jet Ranger 430

Hey Mike,

I guess I should have been a little more specific! I was probably a little too excited. It's an inflatable made by 'Alaska Series'. Check out the link. I think it will be perfect for getting upstream to some 'hard to get to' places. The nice thing about it is after you get to where you want you can float/oar your way down.

take care!

wes

http://www.alaskaseries.com/alaskan_jet%20ranger.htm

Ps - I'll post some pics when it comes in mid Mayish.
    Last edited by wkelsch; 04-21-2009 at 21:30. Reason: forgot something

I must say them look pretty cool pretty liteyou could get dropped off up river somewere by plane and float down or run back to the great fishing hole you just drifted thru. way cool

Quote Originally Posted by wkelsch View Post
    Hey Mike,

I guess I should have been a little more specific! I was probably a little too excited. It's an inflatable made by 'Alaska Series'. Check out the link. I think it will be perfect for getting upstream to some 'hard to get to' places. The nice thing about it is after you get to where you want you can float/oar your way down.

take care!

wes

http://www.alaskaseries.com/alaskan_jet%20ranger.htm

Ps - I'll post some pics when it comes in mid Mayish.

Hey Mike,
    That's what I'm hoping for. I've heard a lot of good things about them. I'll let you know how it turns out when I get her in the water.

take care
    wes