Thread: Homer halibut

Default Homer halibut

Well we spent saturday and sunday fishing homer this past weekend. We did not get into any kings but did manage to pull in one 87 lb halibut from around sadie cove. It seemed a little early for them to be in that close, but luck tastes the same to me. Tons of cod and little rock fish but it was a great time on the water and the weather somewhat cooperated with us.

David

I had heard the baitfish are showing up in good numbers now, and that 87 pounder wasn't there to frolic in the surf...maybe a good early season is shaping up down there.
    "The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent in fishing" Assyrian Tablet 2000 B.C.

Default A little slow....

We were out all day Sunday and managed to pick up a few chickens just outside of Seldovia... but it was pretty slow.

Default Seward Fishing

We trolled Seward this weekend but caught no Kings. Every thing working the bait fish was a gray cod. Plenty of rockfish and decent weather. There was some tire slashing that did happen to alot of folks that made me glad I use the back launch.

Default Homer halibut

Three of us went out Fri and Sat. Limited both days on chicken 'butts (10-20 lb'rs) and got into a mess of big kelp greenlings and a couple yellow eyes.

DID SOMEONE SAY YELLOW EEEEEEEEYYE
    BONEYARDBAITS THE BEST HALIBUT, ROCKFISH GRUBS ON THE PLANET....''06'' WORLD RECORD LINGCOD ''08'' HOMER HALIBUT DERBY WINNER''. BOTH FISH CAUGHT WITH BONEYARDBAIT GRUBS WWW.BONEYARDBAITS.COM

Default spent this last weekend in homer

went out for two days and fished just outside seldovia and came home empty handed. well no butts for us anyway just some monster cod and the biggest irish lord ive ever seen in my life. the weather was nice and it was good to be on the water. all in all an expensive trip.

Thanks for the report
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default kings were there

Spent a couple hours at the bluffs sunday draggin gear, found a triple, couple doubles and a single here and there. 4 were white kings, all in the 14 to 18 pound range. No real sign any were spawners.