Thread: Talkeetna Area Taxi

Default Talkeetna Area Taxi

Looking for suggestions on an air-taxi or pilot in the Talkeetna area to scout for bear dens, likely just a one evening flight sometime this week.

Thanks in advance for any help

K2. Pilot named Greg. After going with him on the Denali flightseeing tour in the K2 Beaver I would recommend him if he is still there. Also,K2 seemed
    to have well maintianed aircraft. Good hunting to Ya!

Default Can you do me a favor?

In agreement with the K2 guys, my father in law claims they are a top notch organization.
    My heli guy John with Denali Helictopter is just across the taxi way from K2.
    He usually doesn't get there for the tourist/hunters until the end of April, so I might be a little early.
    He has not returned any e-mails or phone calls and like a worried parent, I wonder if he is okay.
    If you see any activity over there, or talk to anyone who might know the status, could you please post back and let me know what you find out?
    Good luck to you on your bear hunting, there certainly is no shortage of them.
    thanks in advance

TAT does a great job. Sandra took care of all my needs and made sure the trip was a smooth one.

Other guys are good too but I liked TAT the best.

If you are hunting for bear dens use Hudson's. Jay knows more about the local area (not just the glacier and Denali) than just about any pilot in Talkeetna. K2 and TAT are good opperations, don't get me wrong, but they don't do as much hunting and local transport as Hudson's does.

canyoncastle- I heard John was getting a new bird..a Llama I believe..and he should be up here soon.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Default thank you akdoug

He talked about some new iron last year, my brother in law was even trying to get in on the action of talking him into a new ride.
    I understand the old Alouette was something of an anomaly to the powers that be, and gave him trouble with some projects, like transporting climbers to and from the big hill.
    That Llama should do the trick, only thing is the price might just have to go up on those little jaunts.
    I understand you guys had a pretty stiff winter as far as snow load goes, I'll have him fly over my dump and see if anything is left. If not, I'll be needing your help also...(builidng materials)
    I need to give you a call one of these evenings and see what all you have in that store and if delivering to the heli pad is something you do.
    Should I ask for anyone special when I call the store?

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    If you are hunting for bear dens use Hudson's. Jay knows more about the local area (not just the glacier and Denali) than just about any pilot in Talkeetna. K2 and TAT are good opperations, don't get me wrong, but they don't do as much hunting and local transport as Hudson's does.

canyoncastle- I heard John was getting a new bird..a Llama I believe..and he should be up here soon.
    All Jay wants to do is sell. He's OK as far as scouting game,but do not expect him to land anywhere he may damage the plane.

Jim, please don't take this personal, but the definition of a good landing is one where one can use the airplane again. Anyone that fly's on the edge will learn not to or will stop doing it( suddenly)

Quote Originally Posted by algonquin View Post
    Jim, please don't take this personal, but the definition of a good landing is one where one can use the airplane again. Anyone that fly's on the edge will learn not to or will stop doing it( suddenly)
    He flew me into the same spot moose hunting for 10 years,never a problem and I brought him a lot of business in Sep. a dead month for him[he never catered to hunters that much] I called him in 2007 and said OK lets set up this year.Ahhh I will get back to you.Never did. Didn't even have the courtesy to tell a long time customer no,or why. It was later I found out he was selling and had no interest in anything but safe climbers and flight seers. Fine,but he could have told me that. By the Way I ended up using Mike Meekens,it cost a little more because he had to come over from sheep mountian but he's a super pro BP and I would recomend him to anyone. They used 2 super cubs and had us in and[his son-law flew the other] out in no time.