Thread: Head room

Default Head room

I am 6'4" and am noticing that some of the boats that I am interested in have ceiling heights of 6'3". Or some maybe less. Is this a big deal for any of you tall guys out there? Is it something you should consider as a possible deal breaker? Are there any boats known for there higher ceilings? Or does it become second nature to keep your noggin from banging on the ceiling? Thanks.

You could always go custom. I have the same issue. I am 6'6" and I am the shortest of the guys in my family. The cabin in my boat goes from 6'10" in the aft cabin to 6'7" all the way up front.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

I want to get a decent used boat to get an idea what the whole business is all about, and to see what I like and don't like. And would like to have in a custom boat if I went in that direction one day. I guess in the mean time I will duck.

Default Hate tilting the noggin

I'm 6'4" and our Wooldridge Deep Water Plus does the trick for me. They call it a the Pilothouse now. Been in a few of them, too and I can stand straight. I'm with ya on this, having enough head room was a deal breaker for me considering the coin involved for getting a boat. Good luck.

Not only did I want the headroom for the tall folks but I wanted overhead storage - Custom hard top added with those specifications - Now that I don't have the hunching syndrome I would never want to go back.

What type of boat are you looking at?