Thread: Thanks CZ!!!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Default Thanks CZ!!!

Made my first reloads today thanks to CZINAK.... Jake took a good six hours of his time today and introduced me to reloading. explained every aspect, made me read and do, showed me how and handed me the equipment. there is a lot that i didn't read that goes into making a load for a rifle. and i look foreword to shooting them all up and doing it again...

it may well be several weeks yet before i have my own equipment but by the time Jake is done with me.. i wont have any inhibitions to doing my own...

a great big THANK you!!!!!!!!!

Vince
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Now youíre hooked! Welcome to the addiction.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Some people are just good teachers.

Jake must be one of them kind.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Thumbs up Your welcome

Vince did a great job! It was nice to have someone over that asked more questions about pressure signs than velocity That tells you alot about what a guys getting into reloading for right there.

Jake

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    Now youíre hooked! Welcome to the addiction.
    Is it addiction or affliction?

Quote Originally Posted by DanAKAL View Post
    Is it addiction or affliction?
    A bit of both but in a good way.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Default Please do not encourage this

Letís get real. This "handloading" cannot be allowed to continue.

We have people actually making their own ammunition, completely without regulation. These people are almost totally unaccountable as to what they put into it, and what they do with the completed product.

The government has no idea of which cartridges are being loaded, and how much of it is manufactured, by these independent people.

These explosives, can easily find there way into the hands of children or terrorists, who knows? Certainly not the BATF, or other agencies charged with regulating these things, for the safety of the public at large.

A thread like this only serves to exacerbate an already out of control problem, which is this home-grown ammunition, that is often made from common articles that are easily, available, also without regulation. Wheel Weights for example, can make rather deadly projectiles for potentially deadly purposes.

BTW, does anyone know if Fertilizer can be used in a cartridge, like Gunpowder?

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty of the North View Post

Smitty of the North
    I would think so but it would be a off the chart fast burn rate and needs a concussion to start it, I think a primer would make it fizz. In blasting it used to be sold as Prell, a mix of nitrogen fertilizer and fuel oil in a plastic bag that makes a very powerful bang. You could shoot it and set it on fire safely but shock it and kaboom. I think they have a new name for it now, I have not played with it since the 70s.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Smitty are you running for office? The only thing I know going on right now is the Anchorage Mayoral race and you better hurry to get in on that. Somehow I just can't see you as a politician. But, then again you already have a pretty good start.

Default Yea smitty

Quote Originally Posted by DanAKAL View Post
    Smitty are you running for office? The only thing I know going on right now is the Anchorage Mayoral race and you better hurry to get in on that. Somehow I just can't see you as a politician. But, then again you already have a pretty good start.
    The Democtatic party needs YOU !!
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty of the North View Post
    Letís get real. This "handloading" cannot be allowed to continue.

We have people actually making their own ammunition, completely without regulation. These people are almost totally unaccountable as to what they put into it, and what they do with the completed product.

The government has no idea of which cartridges are being loaded, and how much of it is manufactured, by these independent people.

These explosives, can easily find there way into the hands of children or terrorists, who knows? Certainly not the BATF, or other agencies charged with regulating these things, for the safety of the public at large.

A thread like this only serves to exacerbate an already out of control problem, which is this home-grown ammunition, that is often made from common articles that are easily, available, also without regulation. Wheel Weights for example, can make rather deadly projectiles for potentially deadly purposes.

Smitty of the North

hmmmm well i am sure there are plenty here including myself that will GLADLY relieve you of your stash,,, and clear your conscience of any wrong doing
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I do not know much about the details of commercial explosives but I did some rock blasting years ago and just looked through one of my old books.

Ammonium Nitrate (AN) or Prill are not explosives in and of themselves. They are oxidizers. They need to be mixed with something to oxidize in order to work. Generally this is a Fuel Oil (FO). This leads to the name of one of the common commercial explosives ANFO (Ammonium Nitrate Fuel Oil). Any oil would of coarse kill the primer so that would not work. Also ANFO requires a fairly large diameter of explosive to function. My book says that holes in rock under 1.5" will not explode reliably, since the inside of a cartridge is more like 0.4" the odds of reliable ignition would be very low and extream spreads in pressure and velocity would be all but certent.

Even if these were not problems, I do not know that the burn rate would be at all compatable with firearms, I suspect it would be way to fast.

Quote Originally Posted by bandhmo View Post
    I do not know much about the details of commercial explosives but I did some rock blasting years ago and just looked through one of my old books.

Ammonium Nitrate (AN) or Prill are not explosives in and of themselves. They are oxidizers. They need to be mixed with something to oxidize in order to work. Generally this is a Fuel Oil (FO). This leads to the name of one of the common commercial explosives ANFO (Ammonium Nitrate Fuel Oil). Any oil would of coarse kill the primer so that would not work. Also ANFO requires a fairly large diameter of explosive to function. My book says that holes in rock under 1.5" will not explode reliably, since the inside of a cartridge is more like 0.4" the odds of reliable ignition would be very low and extream spreads in pressure and velocity would be all but certent.

Even if these were not problems, I do not know that the burn rate would be at all compatable with firearms, I suspect it would be way to fast.
    My thoughts exactly, its way too fast and very hard to light it off. We used a full stick of dynamite down the hole with it or primer cord sometimes, a blasting cap alone would not give positive ignition. It was fun to work with but also very spooky sometimes.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona