Thread: Purchasing Ammo by mail

Default Purchasing Ammo by mail

Does anybody here purchase ammunition by mail order? I have been trying to get hold of some Hornady ammo that everybody here in Anchorage seems to be out of. I finally found some at Cabela's, but the guy said that they cannot ship ammo to Alaska because UPS and the Post Office will not fly it anymore, and they can't do ground shipping through Canada. Just curious what others have done. Thanks in advance.

I believe you can have it shipped UPS or Fed Ex if you pay the haz mat charge. But there shipping prices are insane. You can not mail ammo through the post office. Anbother option is to have the order shipped ground UPS to a freight company in Seattle and then have it barged here but that is only cost effective if you are shipping a large amount.
    Best advice is to find someone flying up here and have them bring it up.

I get my ammo from Superior Ammo.Great guy to deal with and he UPS's direct to me.The shipping costs is the same as shipping anything eles.

Whats the shipping usually run?

The guy adds it in when you place your order with him.I didn't order any ammo this year yet because I still have some left over from the last order.UPS charges around $19.00 for 2#'s up here(2-3 days).

Try ammoman.com...

Regards,

Mark