Thread: Has anyone ran up Fish Lakes Creek?

Default Has anyone ran up Fish Lakes Creek?

I just bought some property between the first and second lakes on fish lakes creek. There is an easement to it just below the first lake but if I could get past the first lake it would be a hell of alot easier to get to. Has anyone ever gone up past the first lake? If so what did you do it in.

yes- I have gone past the first lake, but I did it in a canoe- pulling it behind me nonetheless, because it was too shallow to float. In the middle of the summer, it's impassable with a large jet boat. You might be able to pull a small boat behind you as you walk, but i wouldn't plan on driving through it. I do remember that they do have some stakes in the creek to mark somewhat of a channel. There's some good pike fishing back in those chains of lakes, though. congrats on the purhcase

I used to live out there and went up to the lakes several times each summer. The channel from mud lake to what we considered the first fish lake is not runnable at least with a prop but we would pull 14' jon boats up to the lake through the channel. Then we would just drift back down through the channel. There is alot of aluminum on those rocks in that channel. Nice area good fishing.

Do it with my Mokai no prop, small jet boat. Do the trip there in the big boat then break out the little jet.

Quote Originally Posted by fishinslut View Post
    I used to live out there and went up to the lakes several times each summer. The channel from mud lake to what we considered the first fish lake is not runnable at least with a prop but we would pull 14' jon boats up to the lake through the channel. Then we would just drift back down through the channel. There is alot of aluminum on those rocks in that channel. Nice area good fishing.
    OK then my property is between Mud Lake and the first fish lake. I kind of wodered about that. I've seen that first lake called Mud Lake but I assumed it was considered the first fish lake.

So just to clarify, getting into mud lake is no problem but getting past it is where it gets difficult?

Thanks for the info guys.

correct!!!

Default mokai

Quote Originally Posted by alaskamokaiman View Post
    Do it with my Mokai no prop, small jet boat. Do the trip there in the big boat then break out the little jet.
    I just checked out that mokai. That thing looks pretty awsome. I saw a booth for it at the sportsman show but I was in a hurry so I didnt really check it out. I'd love to get one of those some day. Any word on if they will make it with a more powerful motor soon?

Default fish lakes creek

i used to have a place on the first fish lake. in june when the water is high you can run up the creek between mud lake and the first fish lake. after that the water goes down and the difficulty goes up. there used to be a lodge at the third fish lake that kept a channel marked with stakes and even had a wooden "deflector" to keep water in the channel. even with that we hardly ever went up or down the creek. depending on where your property is you might consider leaving your boat on mud lake and walking to your property. when you are heading upstream and get to the outlet of the stream there is a winter trail on the left hand side (might be hard to find in summer) and there used to be boats stashed above the rapids where the trail comes out so someone else had the same idea. there is a lodge close by there (?white wolf lodge) and they might be of help. there is a 4 wheeler trail that goes from mud lake to the first fish lake as well. when you first come out onto mud lake go 90' right and go up to the small inlet stream there. the trail comes out there and then goes up about a half mile to some of the cabins on the south side of the lake. we used to leave our boat there in the summer and the only problem was the widely fluctuating lake level that can leave your boat high and dry. when the water goes down you can tell why it is called mud lake.

thanks for all the info guys. Lakecreek i sent you a PM.